HDMI Description Nonsense

So it would seem, and What HiFi? also. I posted my thoughts in this auction. He seems a bit perturbed and promptly pasted a lot of generic information about HDMI 1.3, and called me an idiot.

Very odd that someone "in the industry" would be using What HiFi? and Empire Magazine as the source of technical guidance, I must say. I folloed one of the suggestions above and asked for a link to evidence to support his claims. I gave him a link to HDMI.org, so it shouldn't be too hard!

Nice guy. So this 'magical piracy switch' is going to be backwards compatible with all the current software all those poor HDMI 1.2 owners currently watch? One day the switch will be broadcast across the face of the planet and all the bits on the discs will be activated? Actually, I'm not sure why I'm even expressing my cynicism as it barely warrants comment really.

I got another question from the guy this morning, asking whenther I could support my statements (I included a link to HDMI.org, which should be enough!) but he prohibited me from posting a reply making it a little fruitless. It was getting fairly entertaining, as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how many ignorant people try to baffle other ignorant people with absolute nonsense on Trademe!

Sadly everything and nothing is 'true' on the internet. If I could be bothered I could prove the earth is flat with it. But I can't be bothered.

What I love about the auction is that he's saying: "In 3 - 5 years your 1.2 cable will be obsolete."

Umm, why don't I just buy a 1.3 cable in 3-5 years then? In fact I'm going to pose that to the guy and see if he answers.

[edit] Here is the question I posted. All a fabrication, but lets see how he justifies selling his cable now...

"Hi there. You seem to know about HDMI and I'm afraid it's all new to me. I already have an HDMI 1.2 cable that the salesman said was all I needed. Wouldn't I be best to wait the 3-5 years you stated and buy a HDMI 1.3 cable then? After all they'll be cheaper by then won't they? Thanks for your time."

A good question would be "How do HDMI 1.2 and HDMI 1.3 cables actually differ from one another, in terms of design and construction? Is it the cabling itself, or the connectors that are different?"

The answer is, of course, they're both the same: the physical specifications for HDMI cables themselves haven't changed from day one, and any existing HDMI cable of any age can be certified as 1.3-compliant if its manufacturers are willing to pony up the cash for an audit (assumingit wasn't designed to just squeak by on conformity in the first place). Future-proofing, LOL!