Sign in to follow this  
chopper30

Great Power boards these

Crikey! 118 views and no interest. Tell me what price it has to be and i'll consider it.

As per auction it is brand new, sealed in unopened packaging. local retail is $349 and it is the bee-knees for HT set-ups

Bloody Ascent. However..... no lifetime warranty with theirs. You have to purchase a 36mth one. Mine is included for free and will cover the likes of lightning strikes etc. In fact even if the bugger wears out from repeated surges and spikes they'll cover it.

Plenty of these get sold at $349 about the place so I guess I'll hang in there.

:)

Bloody Ascent. However..... no lifetime warranty with theirs

If you take a look on the right hand side above the distributor rating guide it does in fact have a lifetime warranty.

Would be tempted myself if i hadnt just got a new powerboard! :P

Its Belkin that indeed do the warranty. Did you pay retail from a hifi dealer? :(

Sure. Why wouldn't I ??

I have a good relationship with my local Hifi dealer. Why piss him off by saving a few bucks on the net.

Ascent have taken those boards off now it appears

chopper wrote:
Sure. Why wouldn't I ??

I have a good relationship with my local Hifi dealer. Why piss him off by saving a few bucks on the net.

Ascent have taken those boards off now it appears

They arnt meant to stock said gear, it ruins it for us dealers :S

Mevunky wrote:
They arnt meant to stock said gear, it ruins it for us dealers
:S

Ascent is not the only one selling this kit and who said they cannot stock it? Chopper is citing a $150 difference in price. Belkin is carrying the risk if it fails. What risk are you dealers carrying for your very considerable margin? It's not as if you have to spend time demo-ing it to potential customers but I suppose it occupies space in your shop. I get very fed up with protectionist talk - Company A shouldn't be selling item X because we want to load the price for our customers.

You guys already have fences built around brands you carry. There's virtually no discounting between dealers carrying the same brand. Here we have a situation where someone outside the audio field is selling a power board at a lower price than audio dealers want to charge and they scream "ruination" Come on, now.

Ross, it is Belkin themselves who have decided on a different distribution model for their products in New Zealand. As you may be aware (and you should if you want to comment on such matters) different distribution models require different sales channels and different margin structures to support those channels.

My understanding is that these Belkin products are no longer available to some of the previous outlets, which explains your "who said they cannot stock it?" question. If there are any left, then they would be rapidly disappearing from outlets such as Ascent.

There's no point at venting at one of the retailers who supports this forum, because of the actions of the supplier of the supplier of his employer. This kind of carry-on merely drives people in the industry away from the forum, to the detriment of us all.

Companies like Ascent don't stock anything. They just clip the ticket on the way through. The stock is sold directly out Ingram Micro's warehouse. Thats why they don't need a lot of margin.

It's just the way it is. I don't see that chucking your toys out over so called protectionist retailers really helps the debate. The fact is you require more margin if you are holding stuff in stock and paying salespeople to sell it.

Some people prefer to buy online. I buy from my local store. No big deal.

Phil and the boys at Smiths give good advice and I like to support them is all.

By the way I have dropped price to $249 to see how it goes. Lower than that i'll find another use for it around the house. Maybe it'll make my skill-saw run smoother

Ross F wrote:
Ascent is not the only one selling this kit and who said they cannot stock it? Chopper is citing a $150 difference in price. Belkin is carrying the risk if it fails. What risk are you dealers carrying for your very considerable margin? It's not as if you have to spend time demo-ing it to potential customers but I suppose it occupies space in your shop. I get very fed up with protectionist talk - Company A shouldn't be selling item X because we want to load the price for our customers.

You guys already have fences built around brands you carry. There's virtually no discounting between dealers carrying the same brand. Here we have a situation where someone outside the audio field is selling a power board at a lower price than audio dealers want to charge and they scream "ruination" Come on, now.

Ahh this makes me laugh :)

I don't care for buyer protection on any brands, im a free market type and love the likes of PriceSpy, parallel importing and the general destruction of everything that a free market economy brings...

I merely pointed out what I was told by the suppliers RE Belkin products. Don't hate the messenger, hate the message ;)

It is also true that store fronts cannot exist without margins, simply a fact, not that I think stores are required at all, I could happily live life ordering online etc without trying before buying but thats just me. But if we had to survive on 10-15% margins we wouldn't be there, and I don't think any dealer would be? Unless we all wanted to eat rice and 2 minute noodles :D