Alltime Favourite Movie

I just loved the original Star Wars movie.

The things about it that appealed to me, was that everything on Tantoine (Lukes planet) look like it was falling apart, and was held together with bailing twine and no.8 wire.

So different from other sci-fi movies where the everything is shiny and new.

Of course the story is corny and the dialogue shite, but at the tender age of 17 or 18 i loved it.

Nowdays I still do but not as much, movies like Blade Runner are far better IMO, however...

Recently one of my kids got into strife at school because in english he classified Star Wars as being foriegn history.

A long time ago.... in a galaxy far far away.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cloth_ears wrote:
I just loved the original Star Wars movie.

The things about it that appealed to me, was that everything on Tantoine (Lukes planet) look like it was falling apart, and was held together with bailing twine and no.8 wire.

So different from other sci-fi movies where the everything is shiny and new.

Of course the story is corny and the dialogue shite, but at the tender age of 17 or 18 i loved it.

Nowdays I still do but not as much, movies like Blade Runner are far better IMO, however...

Recently one of my kids got into strife at school because in english he classified Star Wars as being foriegn history.

A long time ago.... in a galaxy far far away.

Checked out some original edited footage on youtube with Luke and Biggs.Koo Stark as well all looking up into space through a pair of macrobinoculars. They could see the Stardestroyer and Princess Leias Blockade Runner battling it out in the sky. Cool stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyPTM2FJgA

My top movie is Desperado from 1995. Cool, fun and just plain ridiculous. Oh and it had Salma Hayek in it. Stunning. Plus a great soundtrack.

Dead Man is also up there for me - nice and quirky (again from 1995). It got panned but I liked it alot. No good on the small screen though as you miss all the graininess which adds to the atmosphere. Again the score is great (Neil Young) but forget about the soundtrack on CD - they ruined it.

For a totally puerile option Happy Gilmore is my fave (from 1996) - and the golfing technique works as well!

Hmm, all these 'favourite' movies are from my early university years. Probably some sort of psychological effect going on there....

Naked lunch is a classic!

If you want a divorce or love sick movies to impress your mates then Acid house is a classic but be warned don't watch it with the missus.(probably give her ideas)

Below are a few good ones.

Fat pizza

Blood in blood out

Romper stomper

sjc wrote:
Naked lunch is a classic!

If you want a divorce or love sick movies to impress your mates then Acid house is a classic but be warned don't watch it with the missus.(probably give her ideas)

Below are a few good ones.

Fat pizza

Blood in blood out

Romper stomper

we have seen acid house , it is truly sick & seedy.

a good watch but i think once was enough.

ive seen romper stomper but not the others , i will keep an eye out for them.