Sign in to follow this  
Fingers

NAD T773 ... Denon AVR3805 ... Help...!

My budget isn't endless, so I am thinking the NAD T773 is Fantastic value at just over say $2,000....as is the Denon AVR3805

I have heard some varying opinions, but thought we could open this up for Everyone to have a say.....

I have heard the Denon has fantastic Theatre processing, but the NAD has better sound quality....?

The Denon has sufficient Power at 2 X 120 watts, but the NAD has endless power at 110 watts per channel X 7 channels all run simultaneously.............!!!...it weighs a whopping 30 kg's compared to the Denon at 17 kg's....

Now there's got to be a couple of these units getting around.......anybody prepared to have their say........likes...dislikes....anything...?

I am pre-amping out to run a seperate Amp for my mains, so i really only have 3 channels for this amp to run......

I like the options of setting up of the NAD.....It boasts 7 X 110w running simultaneously, and I can play with the Pre-Outs and Power ins......I can put the one single channel into TWO Power sections.......ie I can Untiliise 6 out of the 7 amps to bi-wire my 3 speakers....(2 rear and 1 centre).....that would equate to 220 watts per speaker....Power to burn.......I know its Overkill, but can you ever have Toooo much power......?!

Comments.......PLEASE.......!

that NAD sounds pretty cool. i've had good performance from older NAD - and lesser NAD - gear: CD player, integrated amp, tuner.

the 'look' is not to everyone's taste (understated). i'm not sure what the build quality will be like compared with the denon (eg: denon = brushed aluminium anodised front fascia). still, NAD has always been top value for money.

mind you, the 3805 always receives excellent reviews for its overall performance and features, and arguably meets your needs. also, if you are buying a denon DVD player, it's a good match in terms of connectivity and cosmetics and remote control (you may already have a universal remote though).

not have used either, can't really comment beyond that!

good luck deciding. oh, and if you're in that kinda budget, don't discount the rotel RSX-1056 that i have, although it is comparatively low on features (albeit very good otherwise).

:)

Hi Fingers..................both NAD and Denon build top quality gear that will last for years. You wont be dissappointed with either. On the 'weight' thing......most of the weight of an amp/processor is in the power supply. The bigger the power supply, the the greater the current capability, so if you crank it real hard, its less likely to clip and distort, therefore less likely to kill your speakers, especially the tweeters.

If you've already got the speakers and room setup I suggest you invite a dealer to give you a demo at home and then make your choice.

Made a choice yet Fingers?

I've heard multiple offerings from both companies (if not either of the models you mention), and above about the $1k mark, I've yet to be disappointed by either brand. NAD seems to produce from a lower $$$ point, but at $2k+, I'd have to say you're picking features and asthetics, rather than looking for lemons.....

Cheers

Wayne

Denon.......

Old nad stuff used to rule...... Newer stuff is mass manufactured and also not built by nad* (half of the stuff isn't... )... A LOT of people i've heard have been quite unhappy with nad's quality, may sound good, but minimal difference in sound between units, denon would be my overall choice

Aaron

I can comment on my 3805 only.The 3805 delivers consrervatively what it says, according to one test review I read. I run 7.1 and the rears/surrounds don't need that much power even when playing HT bleedingly loud. (100dB at listening position)

It can also be used biamped for 240wpc, like the HK you mention.

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/...05_review04.php

I'd personally like to get a separate power amp like yourself and use it to do the grunt work for more effortless effect. (more headroom is always nice)

Hi norpus.....great to see you on this forum.....

I started this thread ages ago.......I am still thinking NAD, but maybe the T163 pre-pro just as an interim, until i can afford a better pre-pro, like a Itegra Research or the like....

There is a Cyrus AV8 about that I am also looking at..........have you seen this one....../

Fingers.

Originally posted by Fingers

Hi norpus.....great to see you on this forum.....

I started this thread ages ago.......I am still thinking NAD, but maybe the T163 pre-pro just as an interim, until i can afford a better pre-pro, like a Itegra Research or the like....

There is a Cyrus AV8 about that I am also looking at..........have you seen this one....../

Fingers.

Hey Fingers

Saw it at CAV last week, but did not listen to it sorry. (I was listening to the big Denon 10x170w beast - nice)