Eagles re-release 'Hell Freezes Over' LP

11 hours ago, candyflip said:

You agree with yourself?

I dunna' thinks 'ya knows how to quotes on 'za interwebs!?  :afro:

I don't know what you mean. I'm posting a personal opinion, Your comment is meaningless. 

1 hour ago, magical said:

I don't know what you mean. I'm posting a personal opinion, Your comment is meaningless. 

It's pretty simple.

You quoted your own post from the 25/3, same thread, and said you agreed with it - like someone else had said it.

But they were both from you.

So a bit odd, and amusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Going to pick mine up from the post office tomorrow, has anyone had a chance to listen yet?

I’ve listened to mine a few times and compared it to the bootleg vinyl I already owned (couldn’t afford the original or Simply Vinyl). The remastering is very good IMHO and pressing is dead quiet. The sound? Excellent separation, stronger bottom end and improved midrange clarity compared to the bootleg. Recommended.?

Edited by Doppelganger
Typo
  • Like 2

Glad this helped the guys hunting for a copy of this. My two copies have been on board for delivery since 8pm last night according to Amazon Prime. I’m still at home expecting a knock on the door.

Which reminds me. Better put on some pants [emoji23]

• Like 1

I almost forgot it was coming today but got an email alert that it was delivered. Popped the door open and there it was!

Quickly unwrapped it and put it on

Have to say it is clearly remastered. But it didn’t sound as bad as the one on TIDAL. It is emphasized or boosted - the Simply Vinyl less err vivid but feels more correct. It’s like someone boosted some bands on the EQ on the remaster. But still enjoyable. Hotel California has always been criticized as being remixed in the studio and not a true live recording so I doubt either version is a true representation of being there.

Alas, I’ve found Tequila Sunrise still to exhibit more sibilance than any of the other tracks. Same as on Simply Vinyl. Can’t explain it. I found at least one other poster who’s commented on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

Alas, I’ve found Tequila Sunrise still to exhibit more sibilance than any of the other tracks. Same as on Simply Vinyl. Can’t explain it. I found at least one other poster who’s commented on this.

Probably the vinyl master has it. Or the tapes they both used it, had it.

On 01/04/2019 at 12:10 PM, DoggieHowser said:

Just spent the morning re-listening to my Simply Vinyl version to get myself reacclimatized. Still waiting. Pants on the sofa ready to put them on when the doorbell goes. Hope it isn’t Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I've found answering the door to Jehovah's Witnesses is the fastest way to get rid of them. Even quicker naked. Particularly if your a 60 year old chubby invalid like me. 

• Like 2

I played disc 1 of the original Geffen dutch pressing against this new release yesterday after running both of them through repeated cycles of jet-spray tap-water/akaline-water/tap-water rinsing and then having them spun-dried.

I didn't remember that the Tequila Sunrise track would be so sibilant on the Geffen as well, but there it is, although it was not a problem at all on the other tracks on the whole disc. (Bear in mind that i am using the contactless ELP laser turntable, which does not plough a diamond behemoth through those narrow gouges, so it should be safe to say that these sibilance aren't sonic artifacts of needle/groove interaction, but they are an inherent part of the recording.)

On the new release, however, I find that the sibilance is noticeably absent on the Tequila Sunrise track.

However, the reduction of the excessive "sss" also resulted in slightly muted high-freq extension, and consequently, it seems to have affected soundstaging height as well.

Bass extension goes slightly deeper on the new release, if one use the Hotel California track as a gauge.

But, overall, I still prefer the original Geffen.

I now have 4 copies of this new release. 

The simply vinyl pressing was sold a couple of years ago for SGD$800

The Buyer, in turn, sold it for $1500!

The dutch Geffen is still my favourite!

Edited by jeromelang
grammer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got my copy from amazon and noticed that it was packed in a large cardboard box but the LP itself was not packed in bubble wrap, so I suspect that it was moving around during shipping. 

My copy has got dented LP cover on corners and creases around the front and back covers from the edges. 

Did anyone else experience the same? 

On 07/04/2019 at 8:23 PM, DoggieHowser said:

I ordered two. And the 2 boxes came in a bigger box. With some packing material inside. Looked fine.

Maybe i just got the short end of stick on this one.  The LP was not packed in another package.