Focal Kanta 3 vs Sopra 2

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, been ages since I posted in this thread and there has been heaps of updates to the system. Ended up buying a Naim 272 and 300DR  to run the Sopra 2, also did some room treatment with panels at first reflection point.

Been listening to way more music, and having a great time with the system. Took ages to run the speakers in and get the placement right, and now running with no toe with keeping them as far as possible away  from the side walls. 
Also got some more Naim amps for the rest of the HT speakers.
So happy with the all aspects of the system.

Thanks guys for all the advice, really appreciate it!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Running focal electra 1028 with Devialet expert 120,connected with van den hull speaker cables  it sounded brash strident,fatiguing.Changed to esoteric thick cables dark,rolled off top(too much) muddy mixed up mids and floppy bass.As a last resort i invested in some hexlink cardas cables and that ABSOLUTELY fixed the sound.It sound louder? Better defined better separation,and it sounds MUSICAL..I am a happy camper.The Devialet IS very revealing and fussy ,don't believe otherwise.Now I'm just curious what the new top of the range cardas would be like.