Sign in to follow this  
alan3016

SOLD: FS: Rega Elicit R Amplifier - SOLD ELSEWHERE THANKS

Posted (edited)

Item: NEW Rega Elicit - R Amplifier
Price:   AMP SOLD ELSEWHERE
Item Condition: Brand new, unopened box, delivered yesterday
Reason for selling: Buying a Naim all in one.  This is a new replacement item.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

In December 2018 I bought a Rega Elicit-R for my use in my living area.  I soon realised that  I would be better served having an all in one unit that included a DAC and Streamer.

I was able to buy the initial Rega Elicit - R as an open box special and got a great price.  The amp looked new and worked perfectly.  However, after advertising it here on Stereonet I was packing it up and found the box contained a manual - that indicated it had been sold before!!  

The local retailer has been terrific with support and has delivered me a brand new unopened replacement Elicit -R yesterday.

I am going to pass this new item on at the price the first amp cost me.  (I would appreciate it if it was bought for personal use not flipping).

I would much prefer local pick up in Melbourne.

Nice performance summary by CAV;

Rating at a very understated 105W RMS into 8 ohms, Rega's in-house designed power amp stage is set to pull the carpet out from under your speakers and make them do things you never thought possible. 

This has two Sanken Darlington Bipolar Transistors in the output stage which are rated at 150 watts each ... if this were a Japanese amplifier it would be rated at 300RMS as that is what these are capable of. Our local Audio Designer Gary Cawsey points out that these are the best output devices in the world ... none of those cheap Hitachis or Toshibas that proliferate elsewhere. 

With the Elicit-R playing Keith Jarrett this amplifier immediately sounds far more expensive than it is. There is that solid spatial portrayal and sense of the presence of the instruments that we are accustomed to with amplifiers with an extra decimal place. Still a definable Brio-R character though with a fullness and solidity that takes the edge away, but matured without the rough parts that tell us that a Brio R is still less than two thousand dollars. The Elicit-R is a very grown up amplifier. 

Good balanced review in plain language,  http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/9/24/j027nrfz2howy3zvaklg5heqh9io1l

Pictures:IMG_0926.thumb.jpg.20d5d70670adc2e4228a3bed3352e267.jpg

Edited by alan3016
SOLD

Wish I had the funds, I'd be in the car and on my way to Melbourne. :sad:

Good luck with the sale.

Posted (edited)

Just a matter of interest, which Naim all in one did you go for.  I just took delivery of the uniti Star.  Just a stunning piece of equipment 

Edited by Bill125812

1 hour ago, nbaker said:

Wish I had the funds, I'd be in the car and on my way to Melbourne. :sad:

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Nick.

You could sell the car and catch the train - it's only 15 kgs to get home

Bill125812

I have just bought the baby of the range - The Atom.  

Liked the look of the Star and the increase in power - but it came down to $.

The Atom is very nice though.   Enjoy 

Very sweet sounding amplifier for such an incredible low price. Won't last long. 

Thanks Paranoy

The Elicit-R is a good buy at RRP, ..... getting the brand new one for a B stock price is going to be super lucky for the new owner.

Tentatively spoken for - but as usual ... things can change.

I will update status at 1000 tomorrow.

Thanks to all who enquired.