Replacement for a Matrix X Sabre Dac

I’m looking for a bit of advice.

I am considering replacing my Matrix x Sabre Dac.  Don’t get me wrong I don’t dislike it but I am looking for a (small) stepup in audio quality.

key considerations are ability to throw a large deep sound stage (where it exists), tonal accuracy, ability to extract the last ounce of detail and conveying  the natural ebb and flow of the music. Balanced outputs is mandatory, digital inputs should comprise the usual suspects  spdif, fibre and USB.

i am aspirationally rich and financially challenged, so price is another consideration. Please no recommendations for $5k DACs.

i appreciate your honest feedback.

Budget is $1500 - $1900 and I don’t mind buying used. I tried the Audio DG and it didn’t work in my system.  DACs owned so far

arcam  irDac

audio dg ref7 (I think)

schitt gungnir (multi bit)

matrix x sabre

The matrix is closer to my preferred representation, bit it’s sound stage is not quite up to the mark.

I’ve been thinking of either a used:

benchmark dac2

gustard x20u

bell canto dac2

or at a stretch a Ayre dsd Dac (matches my amp)

The dac im trying to find will hang off the back of my oppo 105 which I use mainly for streaming, movies etc. My Ayre CD player (run straight into the Ayre 7) is my reference for the sound I’m am trying to achieve. Alas nothing has come close yet.