Sign in to follow this  
rock_wizard

Audeze LCD3 died on me!

I know there are many stories about LCD3 drivers giving up. Mine was purchased in Europe in 2014, started having trouble with the left driver intermittently and it finally gave up couple of months ago. I reached out Audeze service, they indicated that its out of service (which I knew already) and that it would cost a whopping 598 USD + shipping to US and back. I prefer my HD800 and have not used LCDs that much, funny that HD800s are still going strong barring a cable tear and headband change and LCDs died on me. Has anyone had similar issue? Anyone got any idea if this can be repaired locally?

This is interesting, what about planar headphones in general? Are they as reliable as normal drivers? I've never owned any but am looking at purchasing an expensive set of Hifimans so this is of interest.

I have not heard Hifimans failing as frequently as LCDs. Believe its a QC issue with Audeze more than planar magnetic tech. Which one are you planning to get?

Older Hifiman and Audeze are equally as bad as each other when it comes to build quality and failing drivers. 

My LCD2's, 3 non fazors had failed drivers. The LCD2 non fazor driver replacement cost me $395 (when currency was almost 1:1), both drivers had to be replaced as it had to be matched and balanced and I sold off my LCD3 non fazors for parts and scrap as it wasn't worth it. They cannot be self repaired or repaired locally as it would not only be an extremely delicate job but it would not be balanced FR and sensitivity wise. 

Cheers, 

Edited by F18

Thanks F18, agree that it might not be worth the $. Such a waste!!

Pre 2016 audeze headphone are notorious for driver failures and high unit to unit variation. Its still a problem but not anywhere near the unacceptable rates they were occurring in before.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Supaxui
      Item Condition: New, opened Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sydney Olympic Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer Needed Further information:
      New Dekoni Audio Choice Seude Pads for Audeze LCD Series, was going to use them for the LCD-2Classic but never got around doing so. 

Photos: attached

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By gzbaga
      Item Condition: LNIB Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information: 
      Up for grab is the Audeze Sine DX open back limited edition. Bought these new in May 2020 from Addicted to Audio.  Condition is perfect LNIB, all assesories included.  Very likely a regrettable sale.

Pads in the picture are upgraded Brainwavz angled pads, original pads also included in box.

Will post Australia wide. Pickup also available.

Photos: 

• By dan-m9
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Toowoomba State: Queensland Payment Method: PayPal (+Fee Cost), Bank Transfer, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Too many headphones + need cash for upgrades Further information:
      Excellent Condition, just over a year old with little use. Great sounding headphones (same sound as the original LCD2 pre-fazor). A regretful sale from my collection but need funds to purchase other audio gear. 
      Comes with Cardas Clear Light Headphone Cable (2M) as per photos (Worth $699 RRP).

Thanks.
      Regards
      Daniel.

Photos:

• By yipskiddlydoo
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Condell Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on Pickup, Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Unused, purchased studio monitors Further information: 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Hi there SNA,

Looking to sell a pair of Audeze Sine over ear headphones that I purchased from Minidisc about 2 years ago. 

They work without issues and have never skipped a beat. The only negative is a small scratch which is evidenced in the attached photograph.
      They come with the carry bag and 3.5mm cables, I do not have the box anymore and so will find a suitable replacement if shipping is required.

Would prefer pick-up but happy to post Australia wide for $15.

Thank you & kind regards.

• By Rolland
      Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have posted, however I recently purchased a marantz cd5005 cd for $50 in silver which had a laser pick up issue, it wasn't reading any discs, but I purchased it mainly because if this player could be repaired, it would be one of the best bargains for me. 

Note: I didn't take pictures of everything that I did, but hopefully you get what I did. 

Dismantling the player was the player and disc mechanism was the easy part. 

Getting the new laser mech ready for installation. 

As per instructions of most Sanyo laser mechanisms that I know of, the two short circuit contact points outlined in the picture above, out of the box are generally soldered together, once the assembly was done I made sure that the 16 pin ribbon cable was connected first before desoldering the short circuit contact so that it looks like the picture above where you can see two contact points. 

Then I just assembled everything back together ready for testing. 

And it's all working well, I used headphones to test the sound and is all working well with no need for further adjustment on the little pot for the laser. 

All put back together ready to play. 

The main problem was that the original laser mech had laser had gone off which I later found out was due a shredded bit of the circuit on the side of the laser mech which tells me that the player had been opened up before. But now that the player is fixed, it will be in my system for many years to come.