Sign in to follow this  
reflux075

SOLD: FS: Classe Fifteen Power Amp

4 hours ago, DMax said:

How does it sound mate?

It has the Classe sound, great grip and control of the bottom end with an emphasis on the top end. Sorry mate, that's as descriptive as I can get.

I thought it might work in bridged mode for a big centre speaker to match with a big class a stereo amp I have driving my left and right speakers

5 minutes ago, paulrp said:

I thought it might work in bridged mode for a big centre speaker to match with a big class a stereo amp I have driving my left and right speakers

I think it would work well as a centre amp, it would be good with speech as a centre. But then again I have no experience with home theatre, my setup is 2 channel only. 

It has the Classe sound, great grip and control of the bottom end with an emphasis on the top end. Sorry mate, that's as descriptive as I can get.
Thanks. Hope this will help the potential buyers to make up their mind. Too bad I have too many power amps already, otherwise, would have jumped on it. GLWTS!

There have been quite a few people asking for the cost of sending the amp out of Melbourne.

I do not have a box for it and it is quite a heavy amp. That being said I am happy to drop it off at a pack and send or similar if the buyer wants to organise and pay for that.

Dimensions: 17.25" (431.25mm) W by 7.25" (181.25mm) H by 19" (475mm) D. Shipping weight: 60 lbs (27kg).

Alright definitely keen on this one. I have PM'ed you!

These reseller guys will offer you the most affordable shipping interstate for something that big (most won't ship anything that big or expensive):

https://www.couriersandfreight.com.au/

Note that they put a nominal minimum insurance for $500 on top of the quote they don't tell you about but that's only about $20 more. I've used them precisely once on a very expensive power amp and they were fine, but that's not anything to suggest they're highly recommended. Just to say there are affordable options for something this heavy, but it comes with risk.

14 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

These reseller guys will offer you the most affordable shipping interstate for something that big (most won't ship anything that big or expensive):

https://www.couriersandfreight.com.au/

Note that they put a nominal minimum insurance for $500 on top of the quote they don't tell you about but that's only about $20 more. I've used them precisely once on a very expensive power amp and they were fine, but that's not anything to suggest they're highly recommended. Just to say there are affordable options for something this heavy, but it comes with risk.

Thanks for the recommendation @Ittaku!

Hey mate, have you found a new home for this one yet? If not, I'm keen :)

13 minutes ago, muzika said:

Hey mate, have you found a new home for this one yet? If not, I'm keen :)

Hi @muzika, please see PM.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By **ZEP**
      Item: CHORD MEZZO 140 Power Amplifier
      Price: $2750
      Item Condition: USED
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Rare chance to own a Chord MEZZO 140 Power Amplifier. Specs are here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mezzo140/

This is a stunning Power amplifier that really added clarity, snap and analytical presence to my system. In my opinion, I thinks it's a British Masterpiece - as with the whole Chord Ensemble - From Dave to POLY, Chord Electronics just make good gear. The amplifiers detailing is sublime. Its in you face, but not like some rowdy drunk on a Saturday night, it's more like an Elite Soldier from Hereford, unassuming, discreet, yet very capable and you just know its great. As you can tell I'll miss this amp. But alas it has to go..... 

Contact me if you'd like to know more information, Chord Packaging included and this is a non smoking, pet free home.

Good Luck and I look forward to hearing from you.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Gazman
      Item: NAD 1155 Pre & 2200 Power Amp (WITHDRAWN)
      Price: $600 ONO
      Item Condition: Great 
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Extra Info: Great package for a vinyl or digital setup, the NAD 1155 Stereo Preamp unit sounds great and has a wonderful phono section. If you're looking for an inexpensive entry into higher-end vinyl performance, this classic little preamp is for you, it has both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono stage with adjustable capacitance.

The NAD 2200 power amp is conservatively rated at 100w per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 400W into 8Ω (mono) and and the ability to drive low-impedance speaker loads without difficulty. This amp has heaps of power and has fantastic dynamic headroom with a clean neutral sound and all the power you need when you decide to crank it up. 

Both units are in great condition with some very minor surface scratches on the edges, see pictures. Both units have been serviced recently.

Pre Amp Specs 
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%
      Input sensitivity: 0.56mV (MC), 1.2mV (MM), 80mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 78dB (MC), 80dB (MM), 95dB (line)
      Output: 12V (Pre out Max)
      Dimensions: 420 x 75 x 276mm
      Weight: 4.13kg
      Power Amp Specs
      Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo), 400W into 8Ω (mono) 
      Frequency response: 3Hz to 80kHz 
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.03% 
      Damping factor: 100 
      Input sensitivity: 0.7V 
      Signal to noise ratio: 111dB 
      Speaker load impedance: 2Ω (minimum) 
      Dimensions: 420 x 123 x 370mm 
      Weight: 12.5kg 
      Photos: 

• By HiFi Collector Adelaide
      Item: PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Power Amplifier (available with Black or Silver front plate)
      Note matching Prologue Preamplifier is also available for purchase as new or ex-demo.
      Price: $2,470 (RRP $3,295)
      Item Condition: Brand new, full warranty - 2 years warranty (6 months tube warranty)
      Reason for selling: Discontinued model
      Payment Method: Card, PayPal, Cash, Bank Transfer
      Shipping: Ships with TNT Australia wide
      Extra Info: Can we switched from stereo to mono mode allowing for a second Prologue Poweramp to be configured as monoblocks - extra discount for ordering as mono pair! 

https://hificollector.com.au/product/primaluna-prologue-premium-power-amplifier/

Photos:

• By Cafad
      Almost 3 years ago now I wrote my first 'real' review for SNA. 
      https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/classe-sigma-2200i-integrated-amplifier

And I liked the amp that Marc sent me to review.  I liked it a lot.  So much in fact that when the opportunity came up to buy one for a 'measly' $3500, I took it.  That ebay transaction fell through and my money was refunded,  which disappointed me no end , so I was forced to soldier on.  With the news that Classe was closing down I was hit hard, no more Classe meant that when I was ready for it there might not be a Sigma 2200i ready for me.  Then came the news that Classe was being bought, followed by the news that the Sigma range was probably not going to be continued, which made me happy initially but then just as sad. 
      It looked like there would be no Sigma 2200i for me.

So I was pretty damn happy when one popped up on SNA for the same price I was willing to pay via ebay.  After all, this is the integrated amp that sits at number one on my list of favourite all time amplifiers.

So, to celebrate my acquiring of what is highly likely to be my end game integrated amp * I've decided to release the scores I awarded it in my initial review.  I didn't put them in to the initial write up as that sort of thing is just not done in official reviews.  But, just because the scores I give to each and every amp I review may never see the light of day in any official capacity doesn't mean I don't evaluate and award them in the first place.  They just stay on my sheet of notes.
      However now that I'm an owner it's less official and more personal, so those numbers are about to be set free.

I'm going to see if I can copy the original review and then add in the numbers in the next post.  Hope this works.

* Yeah I know, I didn't think it would ever happen either.  
    • By Thelastjedi
      Item: NAD C368 Hybrid Digital Dac Amplifier + NAD C268 Power Amp
      Price: $1600 for both Units (RRP : $2768)
      Item Condition: As New (Excellent Condition)
      Reason for selling: Upgrading. No longer needed.

Extra Info: Purchased brand new in February 2019. In perfect condition. Kept in pet/smoke free environment.

Clean, Neutral sounding amp that doesnt colour anything. 300 Watts per channel, with both units in bridged mode. Customisable and ready for all future features and upgrades via BluOs Module.

Includes all original packaging, cables, remote. Selling only together as a package. Preferably pick up in Brisbane but able to ship at buyers expense. Thanks in advance

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.