Sign in to follow this  
reflux075

SOLD: FS: Classe Fifteen Power Amp

4 hours ago, DMax said:

How does it sound mate?

It has the Classe sound, great grip and control of the bottom end with an emphasis on the top end. Sorry mate, that's as descriptive as I can get.

I thought it might work in bridged mode for a big centre speaker to match with a big class a stereo amp I have driving my left and right speakers

5 minutes ago, paulrp said:

I thought it might work in bridged mode for a big centre speaker to match with a big class a stereo amp I have driving my left and right speakers

I think it would work well as a centre amp, it would be good with speech as a centre. But then again I have no experience with home theatre, my setup is 2 channel only. 

It has the Classe sound, great grip and control of the bottom end with an emphasis on the top end. Sorry mate, that's as descriptive as I can get.
Thanks. Hope this will help the potential buyers to make up their mind. Too bad I have too many power amps already, otherwise, would have jumped on it. GLWTS!

There have been quite a few people asking for the cost of sending the amp out of Melbourne.

I do not have a box for it and it is quite a heavy amp. That being said I am happy to drop it off at a pack and send or similar if the buyer wants to organise and pay for that.

Dimensions: 17.25" (431.25mm) W by 7.25" (181.25mm) H by 19" (475mm) D. Shipping weight: 60 lbs (27kg).

Alright definitely keen on this one. I have PM'ed you!

These reseller guys will offer you the most affordable shipping interstate for something that big (most won't ship anything that big or expensive):

https://www.couriersandfreight.com.au/

Note that they put a nominal minimum insurance for $500 on top of the quote they don't tell you about but that's only about $20 more. I've used them precisely once on a very expensive power amp and they were fine, but that's not anything to suggest they're highly recommended. Just to say there are affordable options for something this heavy, but it comes with risk.

14 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

These reseller guys will offer you the most affordable shipping interstate for something that big (most won't ship anything that big or expensive):

https://www.couriersandfreight.com.au/

Note that they put a nominal minimum insurance for $500 on top of the quote they don't tell you about but that's only about $20 more. I've used them precisely once on a very expensive power amp and they were fine, but that's not anything to suggest they're highly recommended. Just to say there are affordable options for something this heavy, but it comes with risk.

Thanks for the recommendation @Ittaku!

Hey mate, have you found a new home for this one yet? If not, I'm keen :)

13 minutes ago, muzika said:

Hey mate, have you found a new home for this one yet? If not, I'm keen :)

Hi @muzika, please see PM.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By leqt1969
      Item: Audio Valve Baldur 70 Monoblocks
      Price: $5500 ono
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: too much power for avantgarde speakers
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      Advertise on behalf of a friend in Bexley NSW who doesn’t have SNA account.
      Bought brand new about 3.5 years ago and rarely used. Still has original boxes.
      2 set of tubes. Rca tubes and original set of tubes.

Description: Push-pull, class-A, triode monoblock power amplifier. Tube complement: two 2AU7, 12AX7, two 6N6P; four 6AS7G.
      Maximum power output: 70W into 8 ohm load at 1% distortion (18.5dBW).
      THD at rated output: 0.3% (50W, 100Hz–10kHz).
      Power bandwidth: 10Hz–50kHz ±3dB.
      Damping factor: 20. Input sensitivity: 0dBm (775mV).
      Dimensions: 12.8" (325mm) W by 11.8" (300mm) H by 15" (385mm) D. Weight: 35.25 lbs (16kg).

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By tiztrain
      Item: Emotiva XPA-2 Gen3
      Price: 1300
      Item Condition: XPA (10/10)
      Reason for selling: Downsizing
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

XPA-2 Gen3 - Very powerful power amp - in perfect condition
      Greatly reviewed.
      Powered these power hungry Polk RTi12s.
      Bought towards the end of 2017 and come with the receipt and a 5 year warranty

Also selling the following:
      - Polk CSi5 centre speaker
      - Polk Monitor 60 speakers

Have not listed but could do a deal if interested.

• By Luke0711
      Item: Emotiva BasX A-700: 7-Channel Power Amplifier
      Price: $700
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Moved and changed set up.
      Extra Info:
      Hey Guys,

I’m selling here a great EMOTIVA power amp.

Model: BASX A 700

It is a powerful 7 channel amp.

In great condition and without any issues.

I paid $1399 for it.

Here the like:

https://www.stereophonic.com.au/emotiva-basx-a-700-7-channel-power-amplifier/

Some specs:

The BasX A-700 is a seven channel power amplifier. The BasX A-700 combines classical audiophile amplifier architecture - based on a heavy-duty linear power supply, and a carefully designed high current, short signal path, Class A/B output stage, with advanced, microprocessor-controlled monitoring and protection circuitry, to deliver superb sound quality at a truly reasonable price.
      Power Output (two channels driven)

110 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms
      210 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms
      Power Output (all channels driven)

80 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms
      Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load)

20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / - 0.07 dB).
      Broad Band Frequency Response

5 Hz to 80 kHz (+ / - 1.8 dB).
      THD + noise

< 0.02% (A-weighted); at rated power; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms
      Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load)

> 120 dB (A-weighted); ref rated power.
      > 100 dB (A-weighted); ref 1 watt.
      Minimum Recommended Load Impedance

4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
      Damping Factor (8 Ohm load)

> 500.
      Speaker Output Connections

Audiophile grade, 5-way binding posts.

• By **ZEP**
      Item: CHORD MEZZO 140 Power Amplifier
      Price: $2750
      Item Condition: USED
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Extra Info: Rare chance to own a Chord MEZZO 140 Power Amplifier. Specs are here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mezzo140/

This is a stunning Power amplifier that really added clarity, snap and analytical presence to my system. In my opinion, I thinks it's a British Masterpiece - as with the whole Chord Ensemble - From Dave to POLY, Chord Electronics just make good gear. The amplifiers detailing is sublime. Its in you face, but not like some rowdy drunk on a Saturday night, it's more like an Elite Soldier from Hereford, unassuming, discreet, yet very capable and you just know its great. As you can tell I'll miss this amp. But alas it has to go..... 

Contact me if you'd like to know more information, Chord Packaging included and this is a non smoking, pet free home.

Good Luck and I look forward to hearing from you.