SOLD: FS: Classe Fifteen Power Amp

SOLD

Item: Silver Classe Fifteen Power Amp
Price: $1250
Item Condition: Good, has a scratch on one front handle
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Prefer pickup, it's a big, heavy unit. Just had it recapped at CVE electronics, brought them back and plugged them in to make sure everything sounded fine and then have not used them at all, my new amp got plugged straight back in :)

Apologies for the yellow tinge to the pics.

Pictures:

20190227_203905.thumb.jpg.2a735e0164d56b58d08f2a397dbbdec6.jpg
20190227_203913.thumb.jpg.450c7e449a5324a26d023a6da80b4c50.jpg20190317_214841.thumb.jpg.496b8cbd0cbc4b4b2cc64583d8651d68.jpg

There have been quite a few people asking for the cost of sending the amp out of Melbourne. I do not have a box for it and it is quite a heavy amp. That being said I am happy to drop it off at a pack and send or similar if the buyer wants to organise and pay for that.

Dimensions: 17.25" (431.25mm) W by 7.25" (181.25mm) H by 19" (475mm) D. Shipping weight: 60 lbs (27kg).

Edited by reflux075
Regarding freight
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mani said:

What the spec on the amp

Specification from https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/1194classe/index.html

Description: Solid-state stereo power amplifier. Rated output power (20Hz–20kHz): 175Wpc minimum continuous sinewave power into 8 ohms (22.4dBW), with no more than 0.1% THD (FTC); 375Wpc minimum continuous sinewave power into 4 ohms (22.7dBW), with no more than 0.3% THD (FTC); bridged-mono, 700W continuous sinewave power into 8 ohms (28.5dBW), 1200W mono into 4 ohms (27.8dBW). Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz ±0.1dB. Input impedance: 70k ohms. Voltage gain: not specified. Power consumption: typically 225W at idle.
Dimensions: 17.25" (431.25mm) W by 7.25" (181.25mm) H by 19" (475mm) D. Shipping weight: 60 lbs (27kg).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard260 said:

That's a cracker of an amp the 15 sounds great

Yes it is @richard260, I got it as a stop gap a few years ago while an amp was getting fixed but ended up keeping it. The 15 has only just been replaced by a new amp that I got when it was being recapped. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Tempted, but would I be spoiling (in the best way) the Kans with this much current... emoji848.png

dunno what the kans are but if it's not a horn, can you ever have too much current? :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulrp said:

I thought it might work in bridged mode for a big centre speaker to match with a big class a stereo amp I have driving my left and right speakers

I think it would work well as a centre amp, it would be good with speech as a centre. But then again I have no experience with home theatre, my setup is 2 channel only. 

It has the Classe sound, great grip and control of the bottom end with an emphasis on the top end. Sorry mate, that's as descriptive as I can get.
Thanks. Hope this will help the potential buyers to make up their mind. Too bad I have too many power amps already, otherwise, would have jumped on it. GLWTS!
  • Like 1

There have been quite a few people asking for the cost of sending the amp out of Melbourne.

I do not have a box for it and it is quite a heavy amp. That being said I am happy to drop it off at a pack and send or similar if the buyer wants to organise and pay for that.

• 2 weeks later...

These reseller guys will offer you the most affordable shipping interstate for something that big (most won't ship anything that big or expensive):

https://www.couriersandfreight.com.au/

Note that they put a nominal minimum insurance for $500 on top of the quote they don't tell you about but that's only about $20 more. I've used them precisely once on a very expensive power amp and they were fine, but that's not anything to suggest they're highly recommended. Just to say there are affordable options for something this heavy, but it comes with risk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

These reseller guys will offer you the most affordable shipping interstate for something that big (most won't ship anything that big or expensive):

https://www.couriersandfreight.com.au/

Note that they put a nominal minimum insurance for $500 on top of the quote they don't tell you about but that's only about $20 more. I've used them precisely once on a very expensive power amp and they were fine, but that's not anything to suggest they're highly recommended. Just to say there are affordable options for something this heavy, but it comes with risk.

Thanks for the recommendation @Ittaku!