Ok. Hit me.

I have the chance to splurge on myself for the first time in ages.  My system (check out my profile) is a SNA donated performance powerhouse.  Dad rectified some of the issues with my YBA amplifier, my cables, speakers and sub are going great guns.

My local is 'Dynomite Records' and the have the AT120USB TT for $549 and I might be able to get some vinyl as well in part of the deal.

I have no experience with any of this side of Hi-Fi - so please tell me to either rip my toe out of the tempting waters or jump on in.

Tim.

Edited by Timos

7 minutes ago, Timos said:

I have the chance to splurge on myself for the first time in ages.  My system (check out my profile) is a SNA donated performance powerhouse.  Dad rectified some of the issues with my YBA amplifier, my cables, speakers and sub are going great guns.

My local is 'Dynomite Records' and the have the AT120USB TT for $549 and I might be able to get some vinyl as well in part of the deal.

I have no experience with any of this side of Hi-Fi - so please tell me to either rip my toe out of the tempting waters or jump on in.

Tim.

Hi Tim. I am pleased it is going well.

Going vinyl is a great idea but the hardware is really the tip of the iceberg. Soon enough, you will be spending hundreds on records  This is of course, a great thing and especially joyous, but will find you have an empty wallet more often than not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies and the advice so far.

Dynomite have 25% off everything if you spend over $50 tomorrow.  

Hypothetically, for a newbie with no knowledge of vinyl, if I was able to get the turntable (new) and some black stuff for the price of $549 with around $140 of music, is that a good deal?

Tim.

Thanks for all the replies and the advice so far.

Dynomite have 25% off everything if you spend over $50 tomorrow.  

Hypothetically, for a newbie with no knowledge of vinyl, if I was able to get the turntable (new) and some black stuff for the price of $549 with around $140 of music, is that a good deal?

Tim.

Which TT?

Definitely go second hand. Chances are if you get one off the classifieds here, you'll be getting something that's been cared for by somebody who cares about their hifi gear. 

• Like 1