Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Why I never take movies critics seriously 

 

Richard Brody, also of The New Yorker, said First Man would appeal to right-wing proponents as "a film of deluded, cultish longing for an earlier era of American life, one defined not by conservative politics but, rather, by a narrow and regressive emotional perspective that shapes and distorts the substance of the film.

 

i mean seriously what a crock of **** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the film, but I can't say that it had the same feel to me as the book by Hansen. Although, given the intervening years...maybe it's my memory of the book that's flawed. 🙂 I don't know, I guess Armstrong's "focus"  or "determination" in the movie seems almost... somewhat socially awkward to the point of being on the Autistic spectrum, rather than a grieving father trying to hold it together. Maybe I'm alone in this interpretation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, harmo_hammer said:

Maybe I'm alone in this interpretation.

I watched this for the first time last night and have to say that's the way it came across for me too....

 

However Ryan Gosling came across the same way in Bladerunner 2049 so maybe it's just him! :ermm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2019 at 1:34 PM, cafe67 said:

Why I never take movies critics seriously 

 

Richard Brody, also of The New Yorker, said First Man would appeal to right-wing proponents as "a film of deluded, cultish longing for an earlier era of American life, one defined not by conservative politics but, rather, by a narrow and regressive emotional perspective that shapes and distorts the substance of the film.

 

i mean seriously what a crock of **** 

I totally agree with you Cafe .... some movie critics just do not represent mainstream views.  It is THEY that are DELUDED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrC said:

I totally agree with you Cafe .... some movie critics just do not represent mainstream views.  It is THEY that are DELUDED.

It’s not up to reviewers - of film, books or anything else -  to represent ‘mainstream’ views. That is not their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buddyev said:

It’s not up to reviewers - of film, books or anything else -  to represent ‘mainstream’ views. That is not their job.

Oh oh....I hear the brownshirts grinding their axes......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2019 at 2:58 PM, buddyev said:

It’s not up to reviewers - of film, books or anything else -  to represent ‘mainstream’ views. That is not their job.

Righto then ... we can just ignore them then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrC said:

Righto then ... we can just ignore them then!

Yep, you can ignore everyone who isn’t mainstream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, buddyev said:

Yep, you can ignore everyone who isn’t mainstream.

Now I know why The Mekons and The New York Dolls And almost every record I own are so unpopular 

They arn’t mainstream but sure as hell get great reviews

Am I not mainstream 

 Must be all those reviews I read😀

 

Edited by keyse1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, buddyev said:

Yep, you can ignore everyone who isn’t mainstream.

See new post 

Edited by cafe67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...