5 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

first woman on the Moon too, how cool would that be.

Only people who should be going there are people who are trained and are able to do what’s needed, being a man or a woman. 

Putting a woman on the moon because of gender politics is nonsensical. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

Only people who should be going there are people who are trained and are able to do what’s needed, being a man or a woman. 

Putting a woman on the moon because of gender politics is nonsensical. 

That's where your thoughts went, not mine, Simon ;)

There are woman astronauts too.

Check out the doco Mercury 13, they were and are at the very lest as capable as men in this endeavour.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80174436?trackId=13752289&tctx=0%2C0%2Ce02515ac95859949f28c99a575eaa8f53a6d0086%3Ae2a3c52e61031fe4d6273128e6c77ac72bd5030c%2C%2C

With women now in this field and excepted without discrimination, we see plenty of women on the ISS, flying advanced jet fighters in the military..even in combat, and there is no sane reason why they can't go to the moon with the revamped interest.

Edited by Muon N'

6 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

they were and are at the very lest as capable as men in this endeavour

Never said they weren’t. 

1 minute ago, Sime V2 said:

Never said they weren’t. 

So you assumed an agenda or meaning on the part of my post that was incorrect.

What I saw was the simple fact that it had the be mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

What I saw was the simple fact that it had the be mentioned. 

It was a reply to my post.

Forget it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

NASA has plans to go back to the moon,  it will be to stay, but humans are now redundant, it will be unmanned.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nasa-to-head-back-to-the-moon-with-plans-to-stay

“We are going to the Moon,” NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine told an industry conference in May 2018. “To do so sustainably, we are going to expand partnerships with industry, to deliver payloads to the surface of the Moon. Beginning with missions beyond low-Earth orbit, the United States will lead the return of humans to the Moon for long-term exploration and utilization.”

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/apollo50th/back.html

Always best to skip the news sites and go to the source :)

Edit: Looking at the sbs article now, it appears you may have skimmed it.

Think I'll give that movie 'First Man' a miss.

Edited by Muon N'

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Muon N' said:

“We are going to the Moon,” NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine told an industry conference in May 2018. “To do so sustainably, we are going to expand partnerships with industry, to deliver payloads to the surface of the Moon. Beginning with missions beyond low-Earth orbit, the United States will lead the return of humans to the Moon for long-term exploration and utilization.”

https://www.nasa.gov/specials/apollo50th/back.html

Always best to skip the news sites and go to the source :)

Edit: Looking at the sbs article now, it appears you may have skimmed it.

Jim Bridenstine, NASA's administrator, said that the agency plans to speed up plans backed by President Donald Trump to return to the Moon using private companies.

"It's important that we get back to the Moon as fast as possible," said Bridenstine in a meeting at NASA's Washington headquarters, adding he hoped to have astronauts back there by 2028.

Noticed the word “hoped”  And “use of private companies “.    As much as I like to see it happen,  however the only way I see this happen is for either military, mining or tourist attraction where the rich pay big to get there.     Even for military it’s too much of a risk to send humans in the 1st place,  the future of military is unmanned devices....  

However just remember this thread is not about future moon travels or gender equality, it’s about the film and the film is about Neil, his family and his colleagues

8 hours ago, Muon N' said:

It’s a shame....

The movie is about Neil Armstrong as an ordinary man,  balancing family and work...

Its like one one poster have said, it’s a documentary and the directors have done an outstanding job to place the audience in the vehicles he was testing and at the same time being human and a family man,  it also places the audience at face value on the risks that was involved and how anything can go wrong!  And when it went wrong it did!   It also show the courage and determination of these guys willing to get the job done and in most cases they go into the unknown!!! it’s all in the history book and the film portrays that extremely well.  Again it’s all about Neil, his family and his colleagues.

Edited by Addicted to music

Posted (edited)

@Addicted to music It's a choice :lol:

Edit: watched the whole thing as it happened in 1969, so meh..on the doco.

Edited by Muon N'