A movie about the life of Neil Armstrong.  Didn’t know he had a daughter who passed away due to cancer; must be devastating.....

Telling your kids that the mission has the risk that you may never come back,   A supporting wife who knew to well of the reality of the mission.  

Superb movie!

excellent film and superb soundtrack by justin hurwitz

I've been sitting on this disc for a couple of weeks, must watch soon.

Its very good. Very doco style. 

The first few minutes were a blur, no doubt intended to induce motion sickness to prove a point. My wife stepped out it was so intense.

The picture and sound really opened up towards the end especially in that clip from @michaelw.

very good movie indeed 

Posted (edited)

Fine flick indeed. I WonderI if he actually did leave his daughters bracelet up there (it’s never been confirmed)

Edited by Sime V2

Saw it at the cinema and enjoyed it immensely.

We watched this today on the new 4K PJ.

Loved the film, though I found the presentation a mixed bag. There were some very long, dark and music-less scenes which seemed to jar slightly with the brighter sections involving the mission and flight etc. I am sure that this was intentional to display Armstrong's emotional gravity and isolation.

The opening sequence was so intense. All I could do was gape and grip the armrests.

The rudimentary tech vibe was brilliantly created. The creaking and rattling of the Gemini 8 was scary. The guts of these people was unreal. That was the key impact for me.

When we watch our ISS HD pics with all the fun (somersaulting in zero gravity etc) and super hi-tech equipment, it almost seems trivial in comparison with the early NASA stuff.

This will be something to re-watch in a couple of years for me. It may even make more impact when knowing what to expect.

Great film that resonated with me. Remember having the TV wheeled in to the Grade 5 classroom (such a treat), to see the broadcast.

Must try and watch this, as a young lad I watched and followed all the Apollo missions from 8 onwards back in the day including the landing of course.

Cool that NASA are going back, and maybe we will see the first woman on the Moon too, how cool would that be.

5 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

first woman on the Moon too, how cool would that be.

Only people who should be going there are people who are trained and are able to do what’s needed, being a man or a woman. 

Putting a woman on the moon because of gender politics is nonsensical. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

Only people who should be going there are people who are trained and are able to do what’s needed, being a man or a woman. 

Putting a woman on the moon because of gender politics is nonsensical. 

That's where your thoughts went, not mine, Simon ;)

There are woman astronauts too.

Check out the doco Mercury 13, they were and are at the very lest as capable as men in this endeavour.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80174436?trackId=13752289&tctx=0%2C0%2Ce02515ac95859949f28c99a575eaa8f53a6d0086%3Ae2a3c52e61031fe4d6273128e6c77ac72bd5030c%2C%2C

With women now in this field and excepted without discrimination, we see plenty of women on the ISS, flying advanced jet fighters in the military..even in combat, and there is no sane reason why they can't go to the moon with the revamped interest.

Edited by Muon N'

6 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

they were and are at the very lest as capable as men in this endeavour

Never said they weren’t. 

1 minute ago, Sime V2 said:

Never said they weren’t. 

So you assumed an agenda or meaning on the part of my post that was incorrect.

What I saw was the simple fact that it had the be mentioned.