Sign in to follow this  
rotur

Transferring files from a Fetch PVR

As the title suggests is there a way of doing this on a Mac via FTP or similar? I have several music videos that I wish to collate in one location... Thanks

I looked into this also but as far as I could tell there is no way to transfer files off the Fetch box :(

I have no idea really but can you take the HDD out and plug it directly into your Mac via a HDD dock?

17 hours ago, a.dent said:

I have no idea really but can you take the HDD out and plug it directly into your Mac via a HDD dock?

Worth a go ; especially if it records in a standard format like mpeg2 . I once did something similar with a beyonwiz p1 ; transferring its data [ via network though] to my laptop and using wizfx to convert the proprietary files to mpeg2 ;)

Can you access the drive with something like Filezilla? Thats how I get files from my Beyonwiz PVR to my Mac.

I would expect some form of encryption leader in the recording, rather like Panasonic use with their PVRs.  You should be able to transfer them in slow time, ie by playing them back and splitting the HDMI signal between your tv and the Mac though I suspect another interface from "the bay" may be required.  

Which Mac are you using?

4 hours ago, Graceman said:

I would expect some form of encryption leader in the recording, rather like Panasonic use with their PVRs.  You should be able to transfer them in slow time, ie by playing them back and splitting the HDMI signal between your tv and the Mac though I suspect another interface from "the bay" may be required.  

Which Mac are you using?

I used to copy foxtel like that to video :)

The fetch has a DLNA server?  If so then you can use something like VLC to copy the files.