Single Ended 300B

Guest Triode01

Guest Triode01

Hi, Came across this www.nanoat.com an Ozzy based amplifier maker on the net, has anyone tried their amplifiers 

Guest scumbag

So Tracey will you be shilling (sorry, I meant shelling) out for one of these amplifiers? You seem to randomly stumble on Ben Johnsons companies a lot and you have a great knowledge of their designs.

Seriously??? Whats wrong with you ???? Why pick on an Australian thats having a go & delivering something to you that is more than likely better quality than you have owned. Try doing some research into what goes into these components before throwing a tantrum & saying "build quality needs some work"....Really???   

Why the witch hunt, even if it is a blatant plug from someone that knows him.

• Like 4

You need to calm down. It seems it is you who has just thrown a tantrum. I have every right to comment how I see fit provided I'm honest, and in this case I am. Nobody would part with their money and purchase these amps if built like that considering the staggering competition out there. I don't care how good the internal components are if not put together to a certain high standard. I would suppose you'd purchase a Ferrari even if the build quality is similar to these amps?

Some of the screws and case work have major scratches.

1 hour ago, Mauro said:

You need to calm down. It seems it is you who has just thrown a tantrum. I have every right to comment how I see fit provided I'm honest, and in this case I am. Nobody would part with their money and purchase these amps if built like that considering the staggering competition out there. I don't care how good the internal components are if not put together to a certain high standard. I would suppose you'd purchase a Ferrari even if the build quality is similar to these amps?

Some of the screws and case work have major scratches.

From a picture?? Get a life!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mauro said:

Nobody would part with their money and purchase these amps if built like that considering the staggering competition out there.

What competition at this price point comes with the same design features?

Serious question btw.

2 hours ago, Mauro said:

Great comeback....and yes, from their website which is supposed to be representative of their work.

Mauro can you point us to the picture you’re talking about. 

The amps look like great value for money for the quality of parts used and I think they look pretty good too.

Cheers Dave 

1 hour ago, Pops110 said:

Mauro can you point us to the picture you’re talking about. 

The amps look like great value for money for the quality of parts used and I think they look pretty good too.

Cheers Dave 

Sure, see below. I have circled the problem areas in yellow.

A.jpg.1c68721a5b0613d7741f54831ff95441.jpg

Notice left leg is very scuffed.

B.jpg.7e8aa2e0597d10c644b1f5306312902d.jpg

Left corner is finished of very poorly and LED housing is incredibly cheap and implemented.

C.jpg.5d491148c10905df38bfe8c55edffb59.jpg

Do I need here to state the obvious.

I have never said these amps are rubbish, it's clear that they are going to great lengths sound wise to achieve a quality product........although not in fit and finish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gryffles said:

What competition at this price point comes with the same design features?

Serious question btw.

I take all questions seriously. Any amp what so ever no matter what the cost is better finished of than what I see on their website. Go to eBay and do a search, any amp you choose to pick and have a look. In today's age you cannot merely produce a product and sell it based on it's intended use only. In needs to be finished of to some professional standard. Would you buy for eg. a $600 Yamaha amp in this condition? I think not.

Edited by Mauro

Sorry mate, you've lost me. It's a photo off a website. Could be any number of things, they certainly need to give it a dust, which is what some of that looks like.

The timber looks great if you ask me, I don't really see an issue with it. I personally would love to have a listen and its great to have another Aussie manufacturer out there.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mauro said:

I take all questions seriously. Any amp what so ever no matter what the cost is better finished of than what I see on their website. Go to eBay and do a search, any amp you choose to pick and have a look. In today's age you cannot merely produce a product and sell it based on it's intended use only. In needs to be finished of to some professional standard. Would you buy for eg. a $600 Yamaha amp in this condition? I think not.

Mate ya didn’t attempt to answer the question but that’s cool you don’t have to!

I would rather pay for an amp like this than some good looking piece of mediocrity from EBay or the likes. 

But that’s just me......,,

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Sorry mate, you've lost me. It's a photo off a website. Could be any number of things, they certainly need to give it a dust, which is what some of that looks like.

The timber looks great if you ask me, I don't really see an issue with it. I personally would love to have a listen and its great to have another Aussie manufacturer out there.

In image 3, do you not see that the hex bolt is scratched as is it's surrounding area? Also the back plate is not sitting flush with the wood housing............?

1 minute ago, Gryffles said:

Mate ya didn’t attempt to answer the question but that’s cool you don’t have to!

I would rather pay for an amp like this than some good looking piece of mediocrity from EBay or the likes. 

But that’s just me......,,

I'm not referring to the integrity of the amp that was never in question. I'm talking about the end fit and finish. You might not care about this, to each their own although try selling this overseas in this very competing market.