LENEHAN AUDIO FOIL FLEX INTERCONNECTS

075Congo

Have just taken delivery of a 0.75 metre pair of FOIL FLEX (XLR) Interconnects. Mike said they will sound great right out of the box but up to 50 hours are needed before they show their true intent. Build quality is FIRST CLASS and they represent really excellent value for money. I spotted a 3 metre pair of the FOIL FLEX Speaker Cables ready for their new owner. They look sensational (wish I'd taken a photo!) and all sorts of connector options are available.The cover used on the outside of the speaker cables is soft to the touch and the colour is very attractive. They appear to be a very flexible speaker cable as well. A really neat pure copper spade caught my eye but I'm not ready to place an order yet! Anyway off to get my new FOIL FLEX Interconnects into action!

2019-03-13 01.15.06.jpg

2019-03-13 01.14.35.jpg

2019-03-13 01.14.14.jpg

2019-03-13 01.14.04.jpg

Edited by 075Congo

Hi Mick.   Thanks for the post ! Interested in your initial opinion of the sound ? Remember upper mid and top end improves noticeably with as little as 20hrs 

I’ll throw up a pic of the speaker cables later today . 

try not to pull them out during run in ??

Cheers Mike Lenehan 

• Like 2

Mike,

Gave the Interconnects an extended workout with all types of music on CD , SACD and a few UHQCD's I have bought recently. The following notes are worth relaying to you.

1: The FOIL FLEX interconnects are very well constructed and are very flexible (much more so than the Shunyata Alpha XLR I currently own). The XLR connectors are excellent.

2: The FOIL FLEX interconnects "unveiled" much more detail in the music. On one disc by the Tord Gustavsen Trio the female vocalist sounded quite uncanny and things like her breathing came out very clearly.

3: The FOIL FLEX interconnects made me think I had the volume too high. The Esoteric F-05 volume control was set in its normal position and I had to turn it down. Very dynamic.

I'll keep them plugged in as you suggest. The new grilles are very classy looking and photos sent to my wife working in Christchurch met with strong approval. Great job.

I think your FOIL FLEX Interconnects are a wonderful connection. Here is a list of my past Interconnects that the FOIL FLEX are superior to: Nordost TYR 2 XLR; Nordost Valhalla 2 RCA & ESOTERIC XLR. The vibrancy (not brashness!) of the FOIL FLEX XLR is my most immediate impression. For something I had never heard and bought blind they are proving quite exceptional.

Regards

Mick

• Like 4

Interesting to talk with Mike yesterday about some issues of cable construction. What was interesting to me is how Mike makes decisions re the range of Spades , RCA connectors, Bayonet plugs etc. It seems to be all about " the sound"....not the pricing.....not the shiny exterior....not the hype. I read elsewhere someone extolling the virtues of Dueland speaker wire...again the "they sound better" comes up. Looking at all the hype that surrounds the mega-buck brands of interconnects and other cables. What do they sound like? 

Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

The FOIL FLEX XLR cables have done the hours. They sound fabulous. Enormous detail; great bass. Vocals both male and female are "in the room" and as good as I have heard in my listening area. Mike is currently putting together a 3 metre pair of FOIL FLEX Speaker cables for me. Replacing my Shunyata Research Alpha Cables will be interesting. 

Cheers

Mick

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

Current retail for a 3 metre pair is $7695.00. So could be quite a show down.

Will predict more a dose of reality ?. That’s what happened when I put Mikes cables against Valhalla. Wouldn’t own anything else now.

i had a look at a set of 3 metre FOIL FLEX Speaker cables that were waiting for pick up by another client. Felt like a very flexible cable and Mike has certainly put a lot of thought and design into these cables. The selection of terminals for my new cables was intriguing with "how did they sound?"being the decisive factor. i have owned Valhalla 1 speaker cable in years past but the prices of admission to the Nordost club are very high.

• Like 1

That is good to hear; I'll pick up my 3 metre pair of FOIL FLEX Speaker Cables soon. The impact of the FOIL FLEX XLR's on overall system performance has been very good. The increase in micro-detail is just sensational. What will the speaker cables bring to the table? Exciting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 3 metre pair of Foil Flex Speaker cables today. Right out of the box they are sensational performers...even though they need to settle in for quite some time. Anyone looking to change interconnects and /or speaker cabling should really put Lenehan Foil Flex on the list.

Cheers

• Like 2

Anyone in melbourne have the speaker cables?
I'm not in the market (yet) but would love to try a set

Yep, I got a set of Foilflex speaker cables 3 weeks ago! [emoji4]
About 50hrs run time since connecting up.

Lenehan Audio Foil Flex photo time.The outer cover of them is really cool; Old Boys Grammar Tie ? You could opt for the black covers but why would you?Not quite as wide as some of the Nordost cabling but miles more flexible. Still running these in but they sound wonderful after only a few hours of playing time.

Cheers 

2019-04-10 01.53.24.jpg

2019-04-10 01.51.39.jpg

2019-04-10 01.51.29.jpg

2019-04-10 01.51.22.jpg

2019-04-10 01.51.00.jpg

• Like 2

That's one for Mike Lineman to respond to. I just noticed myself the shadows of the holes "punched" along the length of each cable; that must really take some time to implement. Something to do with "resonance control" for each cable. The cables are not light either. I have used some velcro to tidy the cables but maybe I shouldn't do that and keep them separated?

Cheers

On 04/04/2019 at 9:11 PM, metal beat said:

How much are the interconnects and speaker cables? 

Lenehan website has zero information.

Sorry Metal Beat.    We are currently involved in the new FoilFlex Website .   Here are the current prices inc express shipping   Cheers Mike Lenehan

DA3BAA23-EF11-499E-BF7F-EF769884E4FA.jpeg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

That's one for Mike Lineman to respond to. I just noticed myself the shadows of the holes "punched" along the length of each cable; that must really take some time to implement. Something to do with "resonance control" for each cable. The cables are not light either. I have used some velcro to tidy the cables but maybe I shouldn't do that and keep them separated?

Cheers

Hi Mick

the holes in the cable are designed to detune the natural resonance that all wire has when you put a current or voltage through it ! we dont want the ringing of the cable adding to the musical signal .

Its best to try and keep the two  +and -  conductors as reasonably close together as possible . There is the place where the cables Capacitance and inductance has been tuned .

Cheers Mike Lenehan

• Like 1

Sorry Mike; I was referring to me the "neat freak" bundling the left and right speaker cables together with velcro. Not a good thing ?? The banana plugs you used on your cables are excellent; very strong construction and very positive contact-wise. The bananas used on the Shunyata Alphas were not up to being within an arm's length of me. Weak as....water! For $7000 plus not a good outcome. 

Mick