6 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Interesting to see Dave Harpers phone shots he's just posted, shows the black level in a different level.. wonder what's going on there?

970_Z1_compare_detail_left_BP.jpg

Rich, trying  to ascertain whats up with the low end black  level .... if i can improve that then it will increase  the smile on my face substantially...:D

what are the output levels on either machine. are they calibrated ? what luminance ? woofer are you going "balls to the wall": with output ? might expect the low end end black level if the case ? 

as to comparison shots am not sure id go on anything put up especially when some are so one eyed....

Woofer the noise comparison to your Z1 I don't understand.  Are you saying the noise is between the medium and high level of your Z1?  Is there an ECO mode that quietens down the fan noise?

2 hours ago, Spizz said:

Woofer the noise comparison to your Z1 I don't understand.  Are you saying the noise is between the medium and high level of your Z1?  Is there an ECO mode that quietens down the fan noise?

I wil get you an actual db number.

The LK970 is slightly louder than my Z1 ,s MEDIUM LASER setting ......The LK970 is quieter than my Z1,s HIGH LASER setting. :)   So yes in between...