RELIST: YAMAHA A-S2000 AMP, YAMAHA CD-S2000 CD player

Item: YAMAHA A-S2000 AMP, YAMAHA CD-S2000 CD player
Price: $2900 
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct transfer
Extra Info: This is the gear I thought I would never sell. And maybe I was right, cos it didn't sell first time, so let's try agin. Both are excellent pieces of design and engineering, built to a very high standard. Both are black, with dark wooden side panels. Both have worked flawlessly. Both come with their remote controls, and their manuals, in their original boxes, ready to post. I am the first owner of both.

The amp is very flexible – it is an integrated amp, and can be a preamp or power amp. It accepts two pairs of speakers. It has tone and balance controls. It has a phono input, accepting both MC and MM. It has a headphone output, with a handy trim function.  It has XLR inputs - nice, because the CD player has XLR outputs. Doubly nice because the design is fully balanced throughout. So it is dead silent. But most importantly, the amp sounds great. Smooth, clear, natural and never strained. The amp was serviced last year, and didn't need anything except having the dust blown out of it.

The CD player – which plays SACDs – is in equally good nick and likewise sounds top notch. As well as XLR and RCA outputs, it also has optical and spdif outputs. Yamaha's RRP on the current equivalent amp is $4000 and the equivalent CD player is $3000 (but I have seen it for $2300). I think that makes this package good value. (In the second last photo below, the top of the amp looks grey - don't worry, it's a trick of the light.)

To the inevitable question, yes I will separate, but only if I sell both of them. If you want only one, send me your best offer. I don't want to carry on multiple negotiations at once, it never works, so give me a day or so to get back to you. Here are links to reviews of both items by Australian Hi Fi

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/yamaha-a-s2000-integrated-amplifier-review-and-test-page0-392570

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/yamaha-cd-s2000-sa-cd-player-review-and-test-page0-392553

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

• Like 2