Sign in to follow this  
scruffy1

massdrop burson v6 classic (single and dual)

one of the current offerings from burson audio, but cheaper than you can get them from melbourne !

if you know what they are, you'll probably want to take a look

if not, you might benefit from learning what they are  :)

massdrop

i wasn't sure linkies were kosher, but here goes : https://www.massdrop.com/buy/burson-audio-v6-classic-op-amps

note that this is us$ (but then so are burson's prices on their melbourne based site, as they serve an international market)

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v6/

beware ! their stuff is more-ish

I’ve got some of these that are surplus to my needs. I haven’t got around to advertising, but if any one is interested let me know.ea216fa962cef74ded8f9505e638ca7d.jpg

out of interest, what replaced that pile of gear ?

Hi Ben, I am interested in 2 x singles.

Hi Givita,

I’ve only got singles in the Vivid. Would that work?

out of interest, what replaced that pile of gear ?

I build my own amps. Kinda fell out of love with SS and concentrate more of tubes. I have a habit of going big in to things. My tube collection is starting to get out of hand as well.

i have just purchased an alo pan am as my first foray in tube, so i can see the problem

luckily for me, the previous owner seems to have had the affliction, and i have two sets of included mullard/rtc 5854rt that are widely touted as the best i am likely to encounter for the job

from your experience, how do the v6 options stack up  ? - i am still getting familiar with a v5 from the recent massdrop

I like the V5. I have some V5i in some gear. Nice warm sound. The V6 Vivid are a step up in clarity and detail, whilst the Classic tend to be more like a better version of the V5.

i found the v5 sounded a bit "thin" after the v5i, but eventually realised that the reason was that the instruments are so well defined that it seems to leave empty space between them, and it's taking me a while to get used to it

however, i note that the pan am is similarly well defined, and it's becoming the new "normal"

thanks for your thoughts on the v6's

My V6 Vivid Singles arrived today and I installed them in my diy amp. I have a headphone amp I'm building at the moment but that runs a dual opamp on a single 8dip socket. Just wondering if I try the classic or not. I do love the Vivid v6 after a 3 hour session tonight, and supposedly they only get better with time. [emoji3]
7d49aa82d308030f37835cd37fb555e9.jpgfcdfb7e9aefd9d543495b81e5865b8cb.jpg1afa80049da3822dbecd4d5797121e56.jpg11c66b5e7ac5b0bbff057130c873ed7f.jpg

Would you have another 2 singles available.