Sign in to follow this  
field

Music streamer recommendation

Has anyone used the Bluesound Vault2 as storage along with an Oppo (203) as a streamer?

On 08/03/2019 at 9:24 PM, betty boop said:

hi field I use a blue sound node 2 and its a really good product. no internal storage but I just plug a little usb hard drive in :)

the cd ripper version with 2TB internal storage is $1999

http://bluesound.com.au/product/vault-2i/

no idea on DSD and am sure can pick up cheaper from any of the local retailer at lower than the list price there 

Al, are you able to comment on the relative SQ of a usb stick vs a dedicated storage unit (such as a Bluesound vault)? I'm using my Oppo 203 as the streamer.

2 hours ago, gemini07 said:

Al, are you able to comment on the relative SQ of a usb stick vs a dedicated storage unit (such as a Bluesound vault)? I'm using my Oppo 203 as the streamer.

hi gemini I dont own a blue sound vault only the bare blue sound node 2. I do run my node 2 with a usb hard drive. prior to this i ran a sony hap-s1 hi-res player with onboard dedicated storage - it cant run with usb source . to be honest I have not seen any SQ difference to report whether dedicated onboard storage or usb.

i will say though devices like hap-s1 sony with its internal storage is more restrictive in use. As it tends to keep music in its sony world. I believe the blue sound vault is similar (though might be wrong) however id rather a separate hard drive that can plug into my lap top to back up, load music onto and maintain etc. with music on a drive it also gives more options to use with other devices, portability etc :)