Metallica supp/by Slipknot.

4 hours ago, Kaynin said:

But he says “MOTALLICA”...must be a tribute band.

Millennial probably.

Open air at Brissy which is a shame but me and a few other old fart head bangers going and seeing a bunch of old fart head bangers should be fun. :D 

You live it or lie it.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I'm trying to cut back my loud live gigs, I can't hear for days afterwards.  I saw them on their Death Magnetic tour in Spain, they played heaps of old stuff, it was a great concert.  Keep us posted Dazzler.

3 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Yeah, I'm trying to cut back my loud live gigs, I can't hear for days afterwards.  I saw them on their Death Magnetic tour in Spain, they played heaps of old stuff, it was a great concert.  Keep us posted Dazzler.

Aww mate, no good slipping into the grave with 20/20 hearing. :D One of the coolest things I have ever heard (pardon the pun) is Brian Johnson being advised if he tours one more time with AC/DC he will go deaf.

RESPECT.

Edited by Darren69
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Aww mate, no good slipping into the grave with 20/20 hearing. :D One of the coolest things I have ever heard (pardon the pun) is Brian Johnson being advised if he tours one more time with AC/DC he will go deaf.

RESPECT.

Sorry dude, all I heard was AC/DC and RESPECT.

• Like 2

Personally not thrilled by the support but yeah im in. Christ my neck will probably snap if they end up playing Damage at my age!

As to my ears....well those poor bastards exited the building a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just can’t justify the price.

Ive seen Metallica and Stone Sour (more of a fan, than of Slipknot) a few times. 

Hard to justify at that price.

Still, if “All Hope Is Gone”, “Snuff”, or “Vermilion Pt2” were guaranteed to be on the setlist, I wouldn’t miss is.

• Like 1

Saw them at Soundwave last time they played here.  Have to say, they put on a damn good show.  

Slipknot aren't really my thing, but they weren't too bad at Soundwave either.

So see if I can get a ticket I guess.

• Like 1

I have some friends going and had the chance but I'm too lazy & too poor.

Not very keen on huge outdoor gigs either, if its windy, it's f**ked, not to mention rain.

I've never seen them before either, so I'll most likely regret it.  I couldn't even drag myself out to catch Voivod, who I would rather see over Metallica any day.

Respect to the band for coming, pleased for you all having the chance to see them play.

Long live Metal!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, awayward said:

Got Sydney tickets today, never seen Metallica so I’m rapped. Also pleased that both my kids are coming too, both 30ish so not kids, happy I have had an influence on their musical direction 

Yes myself and a work colleague are in for Brissy, paid the big bucks for a decent seat (hopefully, haha) haven't seen either of them before and prolly wont see them again, am very much looking forward to it.

Wish it was at the entertainment centre, ah well.

By the time I looked all standing tickets were gone, and rather limited seating tickets were left at a too hefty a price for me.  :(  Oh well, I've already spent more money this month than I should have on stereo stuff anyway, so probably for the best.

8 hours ago, Monk said:

By the time I looked all standing tickets were gone, and rather limited seating tickets were left at a too hefty a price for me.  :(  Oh well, I've already spent more money this month than I should have on stereo stuff anyway, so probably for the best.

I purchased in the 'pre sale' and even then, the seating was all gone to maybe 60% back, if you know what I mean.

I think a lot of the closer stuff goes direct to the fan clubs etc and that's all good.

I saw Metallica on their very first Australian show in Sydney during their justice tour, and then again on their Black album show. That’s all my life needs. 

The justice tour was magnificent and the Black album was beyond to loud. 

Boom! I'm in for the Melbourne leg. Front Circle standing room, go hard or go home :emot-bang: (that's me head banging). Shall be interesting to see the performance at Marvel stadium this time. Last time they toured i went to 2 of the shows (Tennis Centre). The extended Master of Puppets rocked :)

• Love 1

• 6 months later...