Bervy

Cabinet for components/TV

Posted (edited)

I bought this in black

works a treat.

small extra drill holes I made to adjust shelving for avr and vcr on one side with ample breathing space

on the other side did the same to hold integrated amp and oppo.

At the back I cut a large square out of the backing board and just taped down some black mesh to shade it all.

doors are glass so when I play a movie or am using the integrated amp I simply leave the door open about 6/7cm and there is sufficient air flow 

i also didnt use the centre shelf and put the centre speaker in there..

also when assembling I grabbed some removable hinges for when I move stuff around or interchange components...

https://clefhifi.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=51&products_id=3234&osCsid=6pl77qpqbfvh0e0saik1ul16g0

Edited by 08Boss302

Sorry haven't got back to this thread in a while. I'm on the Mornington peninsula south Vic. Can make something if you have ideas and dimensions.

You would have to pick up though. But of a treck.

Pm me if interested

Also some nice cabinets there guys!

i designed mine and had my brother build it, wanted plywood and hardwood only used, cost me $350

20190227_162633.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 03/04/2019 at 12:49 PM, KRSDarwin said:

Self designed cabinet might be an option - we designed this one for our room (based on my wife’s attraction to the design of the Peactree Integrated Amp) and had it built to order in Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 Darwin by a cabinet maker.  Heavy duty to deal with weight, sized for audio equipment, centre speaker and record storage,  glass shelving for space with strength, ventilation at back and material at front for remote pass through. Works really well for us. Cheers

7C582AF8-AC12-4754-92C6-22E7B503D075.jpeg

A3C549A2-81C5-4032-A897-9C000273FCDF.jpeg

15163135-61BB-4764-97AE-11CDD40B019D.jpeg

Anyway, been on a search for a cabinet - entertainment unit - TV cabinet for a while. Looking for something in timber. The main thing I am finding is that almost all that I have been able to find do not allow enough height in the component shelves for a typical AV amp.

Edited by yaniskaty