Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

SOLD: FS: Tungsram Red Label 6922 Rare. NOS* 1X pair left

Posted (edited)

Item: Tungsram Red Label 6922 Rare. NOS 1X pair left.

Price: $120 for the pair including postage inside Aus. 

Item Condition: *NOS -30 mins. No original boxes I'm afraid. Pins and glass clean. Has a small spot of something on top of the tube (glue?) but in great condition. . Clean pins. 

Reason for selling: I am getting rid of most of my tubes. Keeping some 12AU7's. 

Payment Method: Pickup / postage = Paypal

Extra Info: https://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/tungsram-6922 . Uncle Kevin loves them. These have the usual 6922 energy. Good bass - not super fat but nicely controlled. Not an over euphonic tube by any means and thus the midrange and upper midrange is a little bit less "forward" than some other tubes I have. Treble is good - not bright. . Think of these as a less analytical / SS version of the SIemens 6922 without the crazy price tag. Designed for military applications. Another great tube from Tungsram.
 Very low microphonics so these are good for phono stages. The neutral sound means that the signal will be passed with little influence from the tube stage.

https://www.tubemonger.com/Tungsram_E88CC_6922_MINT_NOS_NOV_1973_HUNGARY_p/1108.htm  - "Made in Hungary. Non-corrosive alloy pins. Early 1970s Tungsram tubes are very desirable. These tubes are hard to find these days. Tungsram made some of the finer tubes in Eastern Europe due to its exposure to subsidiaries in Gt. Britain and Austria." 

Tested also closely balanced for transconductance, low gas etc.

Pictures: 

IMG_20190306_134626.thumb.jpg.e1e2bf50e525a228c5a95521f12078b9.jpg

IMG_20190306_135905.thumb.jpg.8db305a37ad41c23aa414fdc4979487f.jpg

IMG_20190306_134651.thumb.jpg.1c75e5b2c6ee6c183b6ebe6b0ece2bd1.jpg

Edited by scumbag

These are great little tubes. Add a quite bit of punch in the low end on my Melos.

PM sent with intention to purchase 1 pair.

6 minutes ago, simo8989 said:

PM sent with intention to purchase 1 pair.

PM sent with intention to sell ;)

Hi Mark

I will take second pair if still available .

petro

Petro,

Cool. Can you PM me and we'll work things out.

Mark

If you have 4  x  6922 (or ECC88 or E88CC), please let me know. For a Custom Analogue Audio FVP=5B.

regards

andrew

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, andrewinbriz said:

If you have 4  x  6922 (or ECC88 or E88CC), please let me know. For a Custom Analogue Audio FVP=5B.

regards

andrew

I have almost cleaned myself out of 6922's and other 6V stuff. I've got a set of Holland A frame 6DJ8's around somewhere but I have to search through my mess to find them. The only thing I have that's close are 7DJ8's Holland A frames though they may not work as they are designed to run on 7V - they are drop ins for 6922 on a lot of gear but it depends on the device. I'm sort of tossing up whether to keep them as I was thinking of just switching to 12AU7's for my collection. But anyway, I do have a pair of 6DJ8's somewhere but not a quad unfortunately.

Edited by scumbag