Sign in to follow this  
Batty

MotoGP, Moto2 and moto3 2019

Right on the money there Nigel, Rins proved that Marquez is not invincible as Dovi showed the previous race. I know Marquez will win the championship but it's great to see some real opposition, and again what a finish, roll on San Marino!

Yes great race and Runs was sensational on that GSX-R, now that name says it all and it's legendary, I've owned some nice GSX-Rs over the years and to ride such a bike on the open road is just the best, Suzuki did the right thing by calling this bike a Gixxer and Rins showcased it to the world

I wonder what Karel Abrahams'  budget is for leathers each year ?

SOAT or WOAT keep going

Just watched the Aragon race last night, was eagerly anticipating a last lap/ corner battle of the last 3 races..... no such luck. A couple of conclusions became very obvious. Marquez is a phenomena,  unlikely to be challenged consistently by any one rider for the foreseeable future, Lorenzo should get the Zarko treatment, Rossi should retire gracefully at the seasons end , Crutchlow move to the sunny climes of USA as he has talked about to rest his battered body. That would open up 3 top rides for next season and hopefully result in some new blood to challenge Marquez, cos  the fore mentioned riders are not capable of achieving  this and all are on factory bikes... am I wrong? 

Edited by Bugs
typo

I think Heehaw should go car racing. I think injuries have taken their toll and he just won't risk riding hard. He should have been on some incentive payment scheme.

Quatararo is proving to be the real deal too. It's funny how Ducatis look so cumbersome in the braking areas and cornering, compared to all the other bikes, because for decades Ducati had a reputation of being much better handling than Japanese road bikes. It looks like they have a degree too much rake, or something.

4 hours ago, Satanica said:

Lorenzo and Rossi are on farewell tours.

Lorenzo especially. 

Is Rossi the last rider left in MotoGP to have been around since 500's? Been there every year since the switch to four strokes. Crazy. Seems an eternity ago. 

Gets a new crew chief next year.

Battling terrible conditions at PI  - high winds and rain - tough going on circuit. Plenty sitting around in the garages looking at the conditions..... 

Nice podium finish to Miller this afternoon, albeit courtesy of an unfortunate last lap crash by Vinales while chasing Marquez for the lead.

Go Jack!👍

Shame for Vinales really, although obviously Marquez was just eyeing him off for the right time. 

But that was a good battle for 4 - 10!

I've pretty much only recording this year's races, and still need to watch most of them, but looks like Miller is maturing a bit which is good.  And what has happened to Lorenzo?  Ol' lolly pop man has lost it?

Yeah, Jorge is a mystery.....and a sad one.😞

Heehaw came last, over a minute behind the winner on the same bike.

Is he taking the piss ?

Why has Honda not replaced him ?  

I remember thinking (pre-Marquez) that he was the best rider out there.

Has Jorge just lost his nerve? Has he become a father or something? Casey got out of the game not long after his first child was born.

Poor Jorge.....left Yamaha to get away from Rossi, only to bump into Marquez at Honda......😄

Currently in England and been watching the races on the local motor sport channel, a bit different to what Im use to, no Chris or Kevin hosting, but Colin Edwards and James Toseland doing the job looks like the same feed though, anyhow the results dont vary, Marquez and Rae both continuing on there winning ways. Zarco showing up heehaw for what he has become, a joke Yamaha getting  better every race and Quatararo is astonishing.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, Nigel said:

Heehaw came last, over a minute behind the winner on the same bike.

Is he taking the piss ?

Why has Honda not replaced him ?  

I remember thinking (pre-Marquez) that he was the best rider out there.

Beattie was saying the other day that he is still in alot of pain.

Hi Dazz,

yes I can believe that, but generally speaking the difference between riding on the edge and a safe margin is a couple of tenths. (Not for you or me, but he is multiple world champ).

And besides...remember last year when he was at the back of the field for the first half of the year then magically started winning, when new contract season approached.

If he had a chance in the championship, then maybe you could argue to get him out there to pick up some points, but he is not sorting the bike out, not scoring points, why Honda isn't resting him and getting someone else - a test rider ? out there to develop the bike. 1 sec per lap seems ridiculous from many angles.

On 02/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, Bugs said:

Currently in England and been watching the races on the local motor sport channel, a bit different to what Im use to, no Chris or Kevin hosting, but Colin Edwards and James Toseland doing the job looks like the same feed though, anyhow the results dont vary, Marquez and Rae both continuing on there winning ways. Zarco showing up heehaw for what he has become, a joke Yamaha getting  better every race and Quatararo is astonishing.

Hey Bugs, I'm just back from a 7 week European holiday including England, I should have burn't you a CD so I could have given it to you in person mate!!

Yeah, its been a bit weird watching the Oz and Malasian gps at night and the Spanish race at lunch time. The testing is on again today but we are of to Stonehenge and Cardiff for the next few days any how we should catch up at the Supers in feb at the Island, cheers every one.......ps, I dont like pommie beer

Edited by Bugs
Typo

Okay it's not Moto Gp, but it's the next best thing, SBK at the Island next week end, so were off tomorrow morning for a relaxed trip down, plan to arrive when the gates open early next  Friday. Doesn't  seem like 12 months since Bartista totally dominated that weekend, anyhow, I Hope the Weather Gods are kind to us