Guest Monolex
Posted (edited)

Item: Acarian Alón IV 

Price: 1400    $1000
Item Condition:Very good But little scratches 
Reason for sellingClean Room
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, 
Extra Info:
 Very Clean, I bought from Audioconnection Store 3 months ago. All Original Parts just woofers foam change by audioconnection 

Pictures

IMG_9505.thumb.JPG.1fd63d540e34009faa2141294b36dd44.jpg

IMG_4900.thumb.JPG.07c8c802d257c3485aeb54e407d6e79e.jpg

IMG_3991.thumb.JPG.52800bf59e15e0fc8f26343e2d7e8795.jpg

IMG_0227.thumb.JPG.c89e8681ceff1893b7900a8f7d83b383.jpg

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

Edited by Monolex

Posted (edited)

If these were in Melbourne, I would already be buying them...shame...

Screeaming bargain. I had the Alon 2s, and they were fantastic. These would be better again.

Great buying here Sydney folks.

Edited by erest

x2..if only in Adelaide! I heard the Three Blind Mice Midnight Sugar  jazz cd on these 20 odd years ago and the "you are there" realism from the bass is something I dont think I have ever quite heard since!

Absolute bargain indeed!!

3 hours ago, erest said:

If these were in Melbourne, I would already be buying them...shame...

Screeaming bargain. I had the Alon 2s, and they were fantastic. These would be better again.

Great buying here Sydney folks.

Pack and sent coburg will deliver. Just do it😀

I owned these for about a year and really enjoyed them.  

Mods make big improvements to the sound with these.  

One night feeling a little crazy and after reading a review of the circe which had a dipole tweeter i cut the plastic off the rear of the tweeter.  It turns out the tweeter magnet was vented so after taking out the foam bung you have a dipole tweeter.  Made a huge improvement to the top end.

I did lots of other crazy mods as well to improve the sound.  You can really go to town with these.  The crossover parts are very generic and they respond to really good tuning.  

In the end they sounded pretty stunning.

These put Alon (Nola) on the map.  The bass was not far off the Duntech Sovereign and better than the Black Knight and probably the Crown Prince.

Your veneer is so much nicer than mine was also.  I had black.  Your veneer looks stunning.

Work really well with bridged Sugden Class A amps, the Classe DR series and Audio Research valve (for which they were tuned by the designer).

LPG

Guest Monolex

Yes best way multi amps ;-)

Guest Monolex

New photoIMG_20190306_094536_485.jpeg

Another Alon fan here. I have had the Pettites and the Alon 2 and both were great - the 2s especially.

Guest Monolex
Posted (edited)

Price $1000..Pick up please.

Edited by Monolex

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By s4turn
      Item:
      Pricing in Australian dollars
      Scanspeak Revelator 12m 4631 - $400 /pr - pending sale
      Scanspeak Revelator 18w 8531 - $350 /pr - on hold
      ScanSpeak Illuminator D2004 / 6020-00 $150 /pr - on hold

higher res photos of 12m's and 18w's
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/15qrZu7YEY6yM2UC7

Shipping to be calculated

Price: $900 + shipping
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling:
      Payment Method: Pickup Cash or Bank transfer, Paypal
      Extra Info:

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Darkstar
      Item: Melody 300B Mono Power Amplifier
      Price: 3000
      Item Condition: 8.5/10
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

This Melody 300B Push Pull amplifier is 2 mono blocks of 28W each.

It is a high-quality construction and finishing with high end components (Howland, Duelund, Nichicon, ...) wired up, no PCB.
      From a sonic point of view it provides a clear and neutral restitution.
      It can drive without problem speakers from 87 dB (high standby current and good hold of bass)

The supply stage is extremely reliable, bias and automatic timer with gradual rise of the high voltage.
      A lot of time and money was invested in tube rolling to get the right synergy out of the amplifier with the right tubes.
      Original valves have been replaced with Full Music 300B and Sylvania 6SN7 NOS. Over $600 worth of tubes there alone.
      Amplifier is in excellent condition for its age and presents itself beautifully in its deep piano black chassis.

Will come with its original double boxes and manuals. Inspection and sound will not disappoint.

It is a 230V/240V - 50 Hz model

Specifications :
      2 x 28 W AB1 class
      Tubes by block : 300B x 2, 6SN7 x 2
      inputs on RCA or XLR with selective switch
      HP 4 and 8 ohms
      Frequency response : 20 Hz ~ 30 kHz
      Input Sensitivity : 800 mV
      S/B ratio : ≥ 88 dB
      Harmonic distortion : 1 %
      Dimensions (mm) : 480 (l) x 215 (h) x 290 (p) mm
      Weight : 21 kg each

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Darkstar
      Item: Melody H34 Signature Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $1800
      Item Condition: 9/10
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Extra Info:
       This is my very first amplifier into the world of tubes and valves. A lot of time and money was invested in tube rolling to get the right synergy out of the amplifier with the right tubes. Original valves have been replaced with Mullard reissue El34, Mullard 5AR4, Brimar 6SL7 and Ken Rad 6SN7. Over $600 worth of tubes there alone. Amplifier is in excellent condition for its age and presents itself beautifully in its deep piano black chassis. Will come with its original double boxes and manuals. Inspection and sound will not disappoint.

Extract from the internet

MELODY H34s ASTRO BLACK Favorite tube of many music lovers is the EL34 which excels at tone. The tonality of the EL34 makes it also popular with musicians using stringed instruments, especially guitars. The most popular amplifier in the Melody range and winner of many awards the Melody H34 Signature offers fantastic sound quality at a price that seems unbelievable. With a full size chassis in piano black finish and retro styling it is a statement product in quality and style. The 25mm thick front panel contains three large solid aluminum knobs which control power on/off, volume and four RCA inputs. The volume knob controls a stepped resistor array with 24 positions. This ensures precise channel matching and maximum sound fidelity. The power tubes are four EL34 which deliver 40 watts of effortless power. This allows it to drive a wide range of loudspeakers with ease. The input and driver tubes are 6SN7/6SL7 and the amplifier has full tube rectification provided by the 5AR4 tubes. All the internal wiring is done by hand point to point with no circuit boards at all. This is the traditional way to build a long lasting amplifier with maximum sound qualities. It permits easy servicing and parts replacement or upgrading which modern solid state circuits with surface mount devices to not allow. At the rear are three oversized and shielded transformers with a power transformer in the centre and an output transformer either side for the left and right channels. Melody’s know how has delivered an amplifier that is powerful, delicate and with a depth of tone that makes it very beguiling. This amplifier can be muscular at one minute yet delicate the next, extracting minute details from the music. The sound stage is wide and deep and the bass is extremely realistic. The bass however is not dry or truncated, like many transistor amplifiers. It delivers information in the bass registers with plenty of feeling. The H34 Signature is an amplifier that music lovers will enjoy, not only for its sound but for the unbeatable value it offers.

Power Output: 2 x 45W  
      Tubes: EL34 x 4, 6SN7 x 2, 6SL7 x 2, 5AR4 x 2  
      Frequency Response: 20Hz–20kHz  
      Input Impedance: 250 kOhms  
      Output Impedance: 4 Ohms, 8 Ohms  
      Input Sensitivity: 480mV  
      Signal to noise: 90dB  
      Harmonic Distortion: 1%  
      Dimensions: 430 W x 215 H x 410 D mm  
      Weight: 24 kg

• By tcliffo1
      Item: Technics SL1000 MK2 Turntable
      Price: $1650  $1500
      Item Condition: Good 
      Reason for selling: Too many turntables
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:  

SH-10B3 (slight crack pictured, can be repaired)
      Custom Lid
      SH-10E Power Supply
      EPA 500 tonearm board
      SP10

• By Matt99
      Item: Two Libratone Zipp 2 Wireless Speakers
      Price:  $600 plus shipping
      Item Condition: As New
      Reason for selling: No Longer Required
      Extra Info:

I imported these myself from Amazon as they ticked all the boxes for my requirements:
      * Wifi and Bluetooth
      * Support AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect
      * Work as a stereo pair
      * Battery powered (12 hour life)
      * Most important, they sound great

Sound is very good, one on its own can fill up a medium sized room easily. As a stereo pair the imaging is surprisingly good and the sound is big. They have built in room correction which is quite effective.

Multi-Room / Stereo pairing features work well, Airplay 2 support is solid, and so is Spotify Connect. We've been using them with Apple Music, Spotify and Roon for lossless streaming over Airplay. All work well. (They also have internet radio which I didn't use, and Tidal support which I found a bit flaky.) I also used them for a while as TV speakers with an Apple TV, which worked really well.

They support Amazon Alexa, which I don't use so I haven't tried it.

They are about 3 months old and in as-new condition. Due to some recent purchases they are no longer required (i.e. something had to go).

They come packed in the original box with the original power adapters, and Australian adapters.

Photos: