I can go to $4,500 on the TV and want to get the best possible picture quality, I’ll be getting the TV calibrated aswell.... I’m really leaning towards the FZ950 now given a 65 inch will do the job. 

Picked up the last 65FZ950 at my nearest Hardly Normal today $3,900

Question on a 4K bluray player now though, I was going for the Panna 820 but I hear the XBoX One S is a pretty good option aswell, especially for downloaded 4K content ... 

Your thoughts guys.

4 hours ago, NormanD said:

Question on a 4K bluray player now though, I was going for the Panna 820 but I hear the XBoX One S is a pretty good option aswell, especially for downloaded 4K content ... 

i have a pana 9000 and x box one X and have other uhd players prior. id get any of the players over xbox one x for playing discs. and i prefer the apple tv for streaming video and media replay over the x box one x. the x box one x is a good gaming machine though :) 

As Al said a dedicated player will always have circuitry that is optimised for video playback a games machine has to handle games as well with different aliasing requirements for a start :) The pana disc units have better tone mapping than any game machine as well as 12bit upscaling too.  As the FZ950 is limited to HDR10+ you don't need the dolby vision 820 per se ; check out the 420 as well and put the difference to some 4k discs maybe ?

And compare the apple 4k to the built in apps of the 420 and pick the better one If streaming is your go ..

I would assume Pana has 4K player app built in so you should be able to watch your downloaded content on hdd directly, it should also have standard streaming services such as netflix etc so no need for extra player, other option is Plex, if you plan to play UHD discs than check reviews and decide how much you’re willing to spend on UHD player

6 minutes ago, kukynas said:

I would assume Pana has 4K player app built in so you should be able to watch your downloaded content on hdd directly, it should also have standard streaming services such as netflix etc so no need for extra player, other option is Plex, if you plan to play UHD discs than check reviews and decide how much you’re willing to spend on UHD player

Hi mate,

Yes, most 4K content will be either downloaded or Netflix, Apple etc but I do also have a few discs I have been buying over the last year or so when I see a good deal, so need a 4K player. The 820 is now down to $549 from Selby Acoustic in Melbourne.

Cheers