075Congo

ML2 Stands: What Height should they be?

Maybe using some restrained springs (with housing to prevent lateral movement) would be more ideal.
There are lots of different types available
csr-1.png

There is a recording studio (Stockfisch Records) in Holland that is mounted on a whole series of these type of  springs. Wonder what its like to wander around in?

@custom_made

Like others I have been waiting for the isolation platforms that Mike was considering developing.  When I started my audio journey approx 8 years ago my first step was my ML2 Ltds speakers.  They were by far the best part of my then system which was based around a Yamaha Z11 AVR.  Six different amps, 4 DACS etc plus much more later, the speakers unfortunately are the weakest part of my system.  The speakers are very special to me as they are one offs.  They just are not up to the electronics that I now have.  Reluctantly I now know that I have to go another step which will be very expensive.  I am not yet ready for that step.  Everything I do to improve the performance of my system is focused on other aspects particularly power treatment.  So springs are not a high priority as I know they will not do enough to match the rest of the system.

@075Congo

In Melbourne there is the Dame Elisabeth Murdoch - Melbourne Recital Centre.  It is very close to tram tracks and trams.  To isolate the impact of the trams and vibrations, my understanding is the that entire Centre is suspended on gigantic springs to mitigate the impact of the passing trams.

John

2 hours ago, Somethingclever said:

@Assisi I know you aren't ready but have you thought of which way will the future speaker upgrade will go?  And can I ask the model of Amp and Dac you have settled on?

@Somethingclever

There will be a lot of water under the bridge and anguish before I make a decision and have the funds to change speakers.  I am very very tentatively attracted to Marten Mingus.  But oh dear the expense.  My ML2 Ltds are superb and my listening pleasure is still significant.  I purchased the speakers from Mike based just upon a couple of Telephone calls.  It was uncharted territory for both us.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  Mike had never made a speaker to that standard before.   The speakers he produced were and still are fantastic.

I now know a lot more and I do know that for me the ML2s are very special but they are not in the same niche as my Soulution Series 5 Pre and power amps plus a Weiss Man 301 Network Player and a Weiss Medea DAC.  Ultimately there will be a change so that the full potential of my system can be realised.  Half of the pleasure of any experience is the fantasy or anticipation.

John

1 hour ago, Assisi said:

@Somethingclever

There will be a lot of water under the bridge and anguish before I make a decision and have the funds to change speakers.  I am very very tentatively attracted to Marten Mingus.  But oh dear the expense.  My ML2 Ltds are superb and my listening pleasure is still significant.  I purchased the speakers from Mike based just upon a couple of Telephone calls.  It was uncharted territory for both us.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  Mike had never made a speaker to that standard before.   The speakers he produced were and still are fantastic.

I now know a lot more and I do know that for me the ML2s are very special but they are not in the same niche as my Soulution Series 5 Pre and power amps plus a Weiss Man 301 Network Player and a Weiss Medea DAC.  Ultimately there will be a change so that the full potential of my system can be realised.  Half of the pleasure of any experience is the fantasy or anticipation.

John

John,

Sounds like an amazing system and yes I would expect that an upgrade in the speakers will round it off.