Sign in to follow this  
alessiman

Benq W2700 / W5700

15 minutes ago, ashurd10 said:

Planning to buy BenQ W2700. Is there a recommended/decent ceiling mount and where can I get it? 

If you want a model specific one and can wait: https://www.ultramount.com.au/product-page/benq-projector-mount-to-suit-benq-w2700

Else @Matt_Walker can likely suggest a proven universal option.

11 minutes ago, Marc said:

If you want a model specific one and can wait: https://www.ultramount.com.au/product-page/benq-projector-mount-to-suit-benq-w2700

Thanks @Marc. Link says it will be available early June so lets see. I can wait around 3 weeks before ordering.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I don't know of a better mount and the guy that designed this Ultramount website is a dead set freaking legend :)

Ian's mounts are sensational (honestly!)

Thanks @Matt_Walker. You recon this mount is better than official BenQ mount which @jmos1503559753 has suggested? http://shop.benq.com.au/universal-ceiling-mount.html

BenQ mount seems to have height adjustment as well for extra $50. This is my first projector (home theatre for that matter) and I have limited knowledge about this stuff.

18 minutes ago, ashurd10 said:

Thanks. Looks good, but out of stock for now. Let me know how it works after installation.

I purchased through a reseller, itech or just projectors have them from $117 👍

18 hours ago, jmos1503559753 said:

I purchased through a reseller, itech or just projectors have them from $117 👍

Great! I will check Just Projectors. Thanks :) 

3 hours ago, jmos1503559753 said:

Thanks Jmos; good read ; I certainly hope they do a follow up after a dci p3  firmware that's mooted to come :cool:

Somewhat surprisingly, HDR10 with WCG turned on delivered a much smaller color volume with HDR content than the D. Cinema mode delivered with SDR wide color content. CalMan tests measured 101% of DCI-P3 as promised in D.Cinema with SDR test signals, but roughly 54% in HDR10 mode with Brilliant Color on and 57% with it off. In short, the test unit didn't provide 100% DCI-P3 coverage with HDR 4K Blu-ray discs, which is where you really want it. BenQ says that an upcoming firmware update will allow the HT5550 to deliver 100% coverage with Brilliant Color off, but that the HDR10 default setting will leave Brilliant Color on for better overall brightness and shadow detail at the cost of dropping DCI-P3 coverage to 84%. That new firmware is still in development at this writing, with no delivery date set.

7 hours ago, cwt said:

Thanks Jmos; good read ; I certainly hope they do a follow up after a dci p3  firmware that's mooted to come :cool:

If this is true (exacly in line with my observation), then I wonder how it did not ring the bell at the factory calibration phase before the units were sent out. It seems at the moment its a falsly.advertized HDR10 product and hardly has better picture than its smallER AND CHEAPER brother. 😞

I hope that new firmware will come quickly and can fix all the currently known issues because I love too much my w5700 and do not want it send back....

News of 2700 firmware available to a select few on AVS/appears others are able find it though.

@Matt_Walker any news on the 5700 firmware update ?

Madly sending email trying ot find out ...

A/ What it will include and

B/ When I will have it 

:)

Pushing to the point of annoyance now 👍  (as is my want to do!)

From projectorcentral review:
“There have also been complaints reported online about the auto iris being noisy in some units, though I heard no evidence of this in my sample. BenQ said that some projectors did ship with a defective iris, and that if you get a unit with that problem and confirm it with them, the company will swap it for a replacement.”

Thanks! Yes, mine is one of the faulty ones, just contacted BenQ AU to do something about it. - shortly replace it.

On 31/05/2019 at 5:02 PM, ecs007 said:

Thanks! Yes, mine is one of the faulty ones, just contacted BenQ AU to do something about it. - shortly replace it.

Hi @ecs007,

Who did you speak to about us sending you a "replacement" please?

To the best of my knowledge we are anxiously awaiting a firmware update (last conversation was about 15 minutes ago internally) and until we have applied this we don't expect any units will need to be replaced.

I am keen to note who your discussion was with and what the contents of that discussion were please.

Cheers,

Matt

Maybe best to take to PM @Matt_Walker / @ecs007

Have done this as well :)

Thanks Marc - trying to make sure the BenQ community also has the most up to date info too 👍 

1 hour ago, Matt_Walker said:

Hi @ecs007,

Who did you speak to about us sending you a "replacement" please?

To the best of my knowledge we are anxiously awaiting a firmware update (last conversation was about 15 minutes ago internally) and until we have applied this we don't expect any units will need to be replaced.

I am keen to note who your discussion was with and what the contents of that discussion were please.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I've received a sample video from BenQ AU service which shows the current noise level of the iris which is considered as an acceptable one with the current firmware. (However its still noisier comparing to my 10 years old Panasonic ptae2000 pj)

Since my projector's noise is complete different, it adds a very loud griding noise to the shown iris noise its quite likely that its a hardware issue due to the fact that both units running on firmware version 1.0.0. 

If this is the case, I will definitely ask for a replacement unit as I considered it as a DOA.

I sent my video to the HQ  on Friday so they have to be able to see (hear) the problem. Many others reported in different forums similar noises above the normal iris noise so its highly suspicious there was a bad batch with dynamic irises.

All I know is, that I bought a quite expensive projector which does very weird noises destroying the cinema experience, and in addition to that its HDR10 performance is well below the SDR picture quality. While I love this PJ for its beautiful SDR picture I need to have a fully working unit which 100% matching the advertised specificatiions. 

Meanwhile desperately waiting for the new firmware if it would really solve all issues?!

Hey all,

Just letting you know that the W5700 firmware update is now expected mid June (slight delay sorry!) - Please bare with us whilst we get this right for you all :) 

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,
Do you know what will be included in the update?

There are some fixes and additions.

I can confirm that we will have anamorphic / cinemascope mode added for those who use lenses.

The rest I either don't know or is not confirmed yet... 👍

I got my w5700 in April at Easter time. Have not experienced any problems with the DI until this week when all of a sudden I could hear the grinding noise. Not happy. Have recorded the grinding noise.

2 hours ago, bellawii said:

I got my w5700 in April at Easter time. Have not experienced any problems with the DI until this week when all of a sudden I could hear the grinding noise. Not happy. Have recorded the grinding noise.

I was considering going down the Benq route but as soon as this noise issue popped up that was it for me.

Sorry but these problems need to be resolved first before getting released to the public. The fact that this is happening to 

a number of people raises concerns.

Cheers.

Ozzie

Matt, any news on the firmware update?