alessiman

Benq W2700 / W5700

Finally got my 2700 running, it has some bad flickering during dark scenes, I assume this is the dynamic iris? I changed the settings on it but nothing made it stop. It came with 1.02 so I might try 1.05 tonight and see if that fixes the problem.

I also noticed a fingerprint on the lens, and what looks like dust?

I assume there is a correct way to clean this. No idea how a fingerprint got on there, the lens cap was on the whole time.

needcsistat.jpg

looking to get either w5700 or  Epson tw9400.

does anyone know first hand if the Epson has better blacks

6 hours ago, thechrisguy said:

The Epson has darker (better) blacks.

16 hours ago, thechrisguy said:

A good comparison review to help you decide and yes Epson has better blacks in general.

https://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/benq-ht5550-vs-epson-home-cinema-5050ub-comparison-review/

Thanks for the link.

I'm still getting conflicting reviews on both.

The guy at west coast hi-fi is telling me opposite of what is written on that website.

am I right to think they are just trying to make a better profit selling one over the other?

11 minutes ago, thechrisguy said:

Thanks for the link.

I'm still getting conflicting reviews on both.

The guy at west coast hi-fi is telling me opposite of what is written on that website.

am I right to think they are just trying to make a better profit selling one over the other?

Perhaps the salesman prefers the overall image of the BenQ, but there's no way it's got better blacks.

Posted (edited)
On 16/03/2020 at 2:08 PM, Quark said:

Perhaps the salesman prefers the overall image of the BenQ, but there's no way it's got better blacks.

The EPSON brand is renowned for good black levels. ( I have no experience with them)

The BENQ does not have impressive black level but it sure has impressive colour accuracy and sharpness. 

If a seller is saying the BENQ has better blacks than EPSON then walk away.

Edited by powerinnumbers

Just about to ceiling mount my W2700.... bur this unit has only 3 screw points - the universal one I have is not able to get over the plastic ridge 

is there any recommendation for this ?

On 12/01/2020 at 11:12 AM, Fro-Daddy said:

Finally got my 2700 running, it has some bad flickering during dark scenes, I assume this is the dynamic iris? I changed the settings on it but nothing made it stop. It came with 1.02 so I might try 1.05 tonight and see if that fixes the problem.

I also noticed a fingerprint on the lens, and what looks like dust?

I assume there is a correct way to clean this. No idea how a fingerprint got on there, the lens cap was on the whole time.

needcsistat.jpg

You could use the one wipe technique using an optical cloth.  Not wet ones though.

I just bought a brand new W5700. Tried it last night (Played the Fifth Element), and noticed some dimming every few seconds. Very noticeable as my wife is hard of hearing and we use subtitles. You can see the subs colour go from white to dull grey within the same phrase at times. Anyone with similar issues.

15 hours ago, OzF1 said:

I just bought a brand new W5700. Tried it last night (Played the Fifth Element), and noticed some dimming every few seconds. Very noticeable as my wife is hard of hearing and we use subtitles. You can see the subs colour go from white to dull grey within the same phrase at times. Anyone with similar issues.

Covered pretty much in this thread (try turning the dynamic iris off or at least lowering its setting):