Benq W2700 / W5700 Owners Discussion Thread

Yes I think you are correct, especially as I move this PJ around from area to area and the flexibility of the Epson is simply excellent.  While I love the newer tech of the Benq, I've decided to get the Epson TW9300 and it should be here next week (the 2 Day Shipping option was only $0.15 extra!).

Also, thanks to Matt and the Benq team for their time.  I'm sure the W2700 will find many homes at that price point.

• Like 2

Matt is outstanding, look I think just case get what pay for, the 2700 is no doubt excellent for money the 9300 too as deal your getting. The 9400 Epson 5700 BenQ probably really what your looking for but too much a hike up. 

Its going to be interesting to see them tussle it out in the market place. Great there’s two contenders in similar price point :)

• Like 1

For those who need the placement flexibility I also think the BenQ  W5700 would be more suitable.

I think I will go for a 2700 low mounted on a shelf so I can manually/easily zoom for 16/9 or cinemascope. 

at 3.4 mt throw I can achieve this on a 131 inch scope screen. The projector will be just behind me .luckily it doesn't have a front intake or exhaust. Side only.

Edited by jeffpr
Add
  • Like 2

he most likely is right. those that owned an entry level w1070 knew it was special. every benq since (1080p w2000 and under models) has been based and judged by the w1070. even the w1700/tk800 has been (longer throw/no lens shift moans could be heard )

this model no matter what some will say should have the same effect.. to get thousands of every day people into a new projector by way of buying one or buying the 1080p 2nd hand units that will most likely come onto the market. its a win win for benq. as long as benq do the ground work before full release like a good company should.

Edited by hopefullguy
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2019 at 8:59 PM, hopefullguy said:

he most likely is right. those that owned an entry level w1070 knew it was special. every benq since (1080p w2000 and under models) has been based and judged by the w1070. even the w1700/tk800 has been (longer throw/no lens shift moans could be heard )

this model no matter what some will say should have the same effect.. to get thousands of every day people into a new projector by way of buying one or buying the 1080p 2nd hand units that will most likely come onto the market. its a win win for benq. as long as benq do the ground work before full release like a good company should.

They're calibrating each one before they're shipped. JVC wont open the boxes to even fire them up to check if they actually work, they just on ship them. Worlds apart in QC and really frustrating for end users and dealers alike. I like what BenQ are doing.

• Like 2

Just now, Krispy Audio said:

Out with the old! Went in for a W2700 but ended up with the W5700 - thanks Matt!!

good stuff the w5700 deserves a thread ! do share how find it :)

• Like 2

On 25/03/2019 at 11:49 AM, jeffpr said:

To Matt.......Any word on whether the lens QC problem (as reported on AVS) has upset the end of month release? 

Yes :( - W2700 will arrive VERY shortly though.

I am loving (and secretly hating) the new QC / Calibration.  It has delayed release which is bad, but it also means we are not sending anything less than 100% perfect product out into the wild!

If we are very good over the weekend something magical might happen :) 

Hey all,

Here are the first 2 BenQ W5700's released into Australia.

The specs on this model are available here:

https://www.benq.com/en-ap/projector/cineprime-home-cinema/w5700.html

Watch this space for places you can go and demo this product near you soon.

Cheers,

Matt

(*note - I work for BenQ Australia)

78F6C73E-73E3-4AE2-8FD6-5560D95DBD70.thumb.jpeg.07eebf85dea04de3b9b70722d5c36678.jpeg

IMG_3949.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 29/03/2019 at 3:26 PM, Matt_Walker said:

Yes :( - W2700 will arrive VERY shortly though.

I am loving (and secretly hating) the new QC / Calibration.  It has delayed release which is bad, but it also means we are not sending anything less than 100% perfect product out into the wild!

If we are very good over the weekend something magical might happen :) 

Ok .I was very good over the weekend .do I get a magical present.pretty please.

Edited by jeffpr
Add

23 minutes ago, jeffpr said:

Ok .I was very good over the weekend .do I get a magical present.pretty please.

Only if you had a pre order in ... did you have a pre order in?  ;)

Most of the first batch will go to demo's - we will have more this week - so next week is looking safe!

5 minutes ago, jeffpr said:

I haven't found anyone in Melbourne taking orders. Do you have a list of suppliers for Melbourne?. Thanks

Ah ha!

Yes I do :)

Carlton AV (Paul)

Home Cinema Central (Steve)

Big Picture people Fountain Gate (Burak)

Sounds Around (Nick)

Just Projectors (Michal)

GL Pro Sound (Ash)

Best to get on the backorder bandwagon - Let me know who you order through and I will do my best to get one allocated out the next batch

Edited by Matt_Walker

21 minutes ago, Matt_Walker said:

Ah ha!

Yes I do :)

Just Projectors (Michal)

Best to get on the backorder bandwagon - Let me know who you order through and I will do my best to get one allocated out the next batch

They haven't updated their website as an FYI

33 minutes ago, rbush said:

The price is $2499 AUD, that's all I know. Got any review?

Not really - all the reviews are press with a few exceptions.

Look up HT3550 on Youtube (in USA) and you will see a couple of good end user reviews!

On 01/04/2019 at 12:47 PM, Matt_Walker said:

Not really - all the reviews are press with a few exceptions.

Look up HT3550 on Youtube (in USA) and you will see a couple of good end user reviews!

Hi Matt,

what do you think about these reviews?

https://www.stuff.tv/in/benq/w2700/review

https://www.gadgetlounge.net/benq-w2700-review/

Also, will it be better than W1700? Planning to buy one. But stuck here. Thanks for your help. 

hmm those "reviews" are not reviews, they are opinion pieces. no lens shift? well there is limited lens shift so look at more recognised reviews as they emerge.

is it better than the w1700.. from readings on forums the answer is yes. you are in the states? so isnt it the HT3550 over there and cheaper?

Wow, the 2700 looks good.

I'm glad I waited to see what new projectors will be coming out.  I only have a throw distance of around 3m (room is 3.4x4.2m - cant go the other way, unfortunately), so this will get me a 110-inch screen pretty easily. 

Looking at the calculator the w5700 would only throw a ~92-inch screen, which I think is just a tad too small.

Where in Sydney am I able to demo the unit?

Edited by dhoodle

1 hour ago, dhoodle said:

Wow, the 2700 looks good.

I'm glad I waited to see what new projectors will be coming out.  I only have a throw distance of around 3m (room is 3.4x4.2m - cant go the other way, unfortunately), so this will get me a 110-inch screen pretty easily. 

Looking at the calculator the w5700 would only throw a ~92-inch screen, which I think is just a tad too small.

Where in Sydney am I able to demo the unit?

Head to the home show this weekend - we have it on Display with the Lifestyle store.  :)