Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
alessiman

Benq W2700 / W5700

Recommended Posts

Any word on local pricing and availability yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a bit more than that ...... new ti chip.no POM. getting good reviews on avs . a noticable  upgrade over w1700. usd $1500. Im waiting for availability too. hoping au$2500rrp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some info here.. https://ausmedia.com.au/content/benq-w2700-dlp-4k-uhd-home-theatre-projector-review

not a review as such but more of an over view.

 

the problem is they seem to be concentrating on "bright colours" well thats not what is lacking imo. i have the w1070 and w1110 and recently picked up an older epson 8200 which for me is a big jump. yes the benqs i have are "sharper" and already very colourful BUT once you see the difference in contrast and blacks you will understand what all the who ha  is about. good blacks (and please i am not saying the epson is good but it is much better than the benqs i have) the colours look better.

 

i love benq entry pjs and think its great they are trying to bring pjs out for so called affordable pricing but they need to start concentrating on the basics.

 

as for the w1700 having no lens shift at all, well thats a joke

 

anyway some more reading here.. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3021888-benq-w2700-anticipation.html

 

main point taken is IF this new unit has the same throw range as the w1070/70+/1090/1110/1120/2000 then it could be a winner as the w1700/800 did not. easy slot in with or without contrast/blacks (although is there a dynamic iris? auto lens cover and bigger chip? time will tell)

 

Edited by hopefullguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

the problem is they seem to be concentrating on "bright colours" well thats not what is lacking imo. i have the w1070 and w1110 and recently picked up an older epson 8200 which for me is a big jump. yes the benqs i have are "sharper" and already very colourful BUT once you see the difference in contrast and blacks you will understand what all the who ha  is about. good blacks (and please i am not saying the epson is good but it is much better than the benqs i have) the colours look better.

glad you are enjoying the benefits.....

 

I also agree even if basic projectors ... you need to still have included... the basics... I agree... no lens shift at all ? I know epson do it as well for the bargain projectors but it makes for a real headache in installing ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

the problem is they seem to be concentrating on "bright colours" well thats not what is lacking imo. i have the w1070 and w1110 and recently picked up an older epson 8200 which for me is a big jump. yes the benqs i have are "sharper" and already very colourful BUT once you see the difference in contrast and blacks you will understand what all the who ha  is about. good blacks (and please i am not saying the epson is good but it is much better than the benqs i have) the colours look better.

 

 

 

 

I'd always thought dlp colour was superior to anything lcd. Are your machines all calibrated? Sounds like they're not. I remember well the W5000 BenQ which was the one under the W9000 and W10000, some of the first 1080P projectors out there.

The BenQ will be sharper of course, it's what the image is meant to look like. 3 panel devices by nature soften the image as convergence plays a big problem.

 

W5000_Evolution3D.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry i gave the wrong impression. i love the w1070 and w1110. they already have great colour and sharpness imo. the epson has a "better" picture due to contrast and black reproduction. the blacks seem to make the colours stand out. it is not as sharp as the dlp though, but overall a better movie experience imo.

 

but dont worry i actually run the w111o for gaming and 8200 for movies. best of both worlds

 

sorry op, got off track.

Edited by hopefullguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the factory calibration for balanced colours  on one of its inputs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, jeffpr said:

I really like the factory calibration for balanced colours  on one of its inputs.

Indeed Jeff, would likely give you a decent starting point either way. The 2700 sounds like a great PJ for the money. They're really filling that void in the sub 5K price bracket. JVC can't do it, they start at 9 grand these days. Sony have the 45 and 65es which are so outdated right now and Epson are lcd so good to see what they're doing. Can't wait to get the LK970 setup after woofers had a play with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all,

 

Matt from BenQ here :)

 

This will be officially released on Tuesday 12th March (next Tuesday) and be available for pre order from then.

 

It will be $2499 AUD :thumbsup:

 

Cannot wait to get my sample and start playing with it next week!!!

 

It's going to be available in every state of Australia for demonstration - I have said it before but this one is a genuine game changer!!

 

Edited by Matt_Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know the price is all reasonable. Looking forward to reviews especially on light borders and black level performance. In fact I still enjoy watching movies and sports with my W1070 even after getting a JVC X9900. Sure it can't compete with JVC but the color and black is amazingly good. Only if the new one with iris can do a better fade to black then I am sold. 

 

Will the higher end W5700 get a local release too? It is not listed under the Benq AU site so it is a real pity if they have us skipped.   

 

Is it true that the W2700 can do 3D? Can't find any spec about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PKK said:

Good to know the price is all reasonable. Looking forward to reviews especially on light borders and black level performance. In fact I still enjoy watching movies and sports with my W1070 even after getting a JVC X9900. Sure it can't compete with JVC but the color and black is amazingly good. Only if the new one with iris can do a better fade to black then I am sold. 

 

Will the higher end W5700 get a local release too? It is not listed under the Benq AU site so it is a real pity if they have us skipped.   

 

Is it true that the W2700 can do 3D? Can't find any spec about this. 

Hey PKK,

 

Yep - we know ;) 

 

Light borders are all but gone 👀

Black levels have returned to a much more enjoyable level 👀

If you want better blacks hang out for the W5700 - a little more but a couple of really exciting features as well as a Dynamic Iris!!

 

W5700 is being launched on Tuesday as well - the details on this one are going to be awesome and the pricing is on point!

 

The W2700 is 3D out of the box - send a 3D movie and it does it all, no need for changing settings etc - it just works!!

 

As for more info - it will be worth the wait :)  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


... In case you missed it the W2700 is the exact same throw distance as the W1070/W1090 ... coincidence??  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Matt_Walker said:

... In case you missed it the W2700 is the exact same throw distance as the W1070/W1090 ... coincidence??  👍

But i have the W1000 :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Epson TW9000 has died and I don't think it is worth repairing... plus it is only used for the Kids Rumpus Room and for when we use it with an outside screen for parties.  My main PJ is a JVC 7500 and I'd normally look at rolling that down but I don't want to fork our for a new 10K PJ till HDMI 2.1 comes out and hence think I need a cheaper PJ to do duty for now.  

 

Any ideas how  the W2700 stack up to the old TW9000 as for 2.5K it could be a good replacement as the 2nd PJ in the house.

 

Thanks

Nathan

Edited by jmone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...also I "presume" this spec - "720p 50/60Hz, 1080i 50/60Hz, 1080p 24/25/30/50/60Hz, 2160p 23/24/25/30/60Hz" is just a typo not listing 50hz for 4K and 23(.976) for 1080p???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Us specs ?

 

1 hour ago, jmone said:

My Epson TW9000 has died 

Epson 9300 on run out ? Would seem obvious direct replacement ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"plus it is only used for the Kids Rumpus Room and for when we use it with an outside screen for parties"

 

goodness $2500 for a pj for this use? 2nd hand epsons/benq's everywhere.. lucky kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jmone said:

My Epson TW9000 has died and I don't think it is worth repairing... plus it is only used for the Kids Rumpus Room and for when we use it with an outside screen for parties.  My main PJ is a JVC 7500 and I'd normally look at rolling that down but I don't want to fork our for a new 10K PJ till HDMI 2.1 comes out and hence think I need a cheaper PJ to do duty for now.  

 

Any ideas how  the W2700 stack up to the old TW9000 as for 2.5K it could be a good replacement as the 2nd PJ in the house.

 

Thanks

Nathan

Hi Nathan, the W2700 will wipe the floor with a tw9000.

4K DLP vs 2K lcd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old Epson was Shelf Mounted at the back of the room:

- 100" Majestic Screen is 500mm from the ceiling (to the top of the black felt)... but could be "raised" if needed

- The PJ shelf is mounted above a door jam 270mm from the ceiling (so can not be lowered)

- The PJ Shelf is centred on the middle of the screen

- The distance from the front of the shelf to the Screen is about 3.5m 

 

I can not seem to work out if the W2700 will work with the above placement.  I see from the spec page it has 

- 1.13 - 1.47 (100" @ 2.5 m)

- Lens Shift: Vertical 100%~110%

- Keystone Adjustment 1D, (Auto) Vertical ± 30 degrees
- Projection Offset 105%

 

Thanks

Nathan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...so based on the Throw Distance of the W1700 I should be good on this point.  

 

Now about the Vertical Adjustment....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Matt - I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger!  Any details on the Vertical Adjustment?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jmone said:

Thanks Matt - I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger!  Any details on the Vertical Adjustment?

 

Lens Shift    Vertical 100%~110%
 
So take out the BenQ "speak" and you get a 10% vertical lens shift :) 
 
Also have a 105% offset
Edited by Matt_Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...