Remember Kriesler and demonstration records?

I remember hearing this record, or similar, being used in local shops, to help sell those big Kriesler Multisonic console stereograms.   This copy looks well played, but, cleaned and played with my new microline VM95ML, a great sound can still be heard.  OK, I admit you have to like James Last in this example -  but sadly, I do. :) 

DSC_0086.JPG.a370ba5072b29674555b98edc23779ca.JPG

• Like 2

l have a lovely old Kriesler cabinet with 2 doors that swing right back and the top that lifts up and use to reveal the all in one turntable and cassette player which l sadly took out and threw away. l use the cabinet to put the bedroom tv on -  it is just over a metre tall and still looks ok for it's age  :  Unfortunately no records were in it when l bought it , but the cabinet did have a built in record rack in the bottom.

601441811_P1000512(2).thumb.JPG.1d49a8f685882cbbbd368de07520bd3a.JPG

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1

If you look at the bottom left you can just see the original Kriesler gold badge. You have me doubting my fragile memory , but im sure it had a built-in cassette player as it was an all one piece top insert with the TT

11 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

If you look at the bottom left you can just see the original Kriesler gold badge. You have me doubting my fragile memory , but im sure it had a built-in cassette player as it was an all one piece top insert with the TT

Maybe it was someone's custom build?

7 hours ago, aussievintage said:

I remember hearing this record, or similar, being used in local shops, to help sell those big Kriesler Multisonic console stereograms.   This copy looks well played, but, cleaned and played with my new microline VM95ML, a great sound can still be heard.  OK, I admit you have to like James Last in this example -  but sadly, I do. :) 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a1aee8f6a7a51714DSC_0086.JPG.a370ba5072b29674555b98edc23779ca.JPG

Father Dougal from the series Father Ted had one of those. Had all strange sounds on it.

I don't remember the demo records at all.  Something tells me that they aren't at current audiophile standards (but might still sound OK).

When at school a friend used to rave about the Kriesler Disc-O-Tape as being the best hifi you could own.  And it had a built-in cassette deck. 

At that stage I had a portable record player with ceramic cart, and had part-time weekend jobs to save up to buy a stereo.  I was quite interested to hear the Kriesler, but when I did I found it to be very ordinary.  It was at that stage that I learned my friend had a tendency to exaggerate anything which he had personal association with.  I aspired to something much better (like what I own now), but when it came down to my part-time schoolboy earnings I was only able to buy something of similar quality to the Disc-O-Tape.  But it was a quantum upgrade from what I had.

IMG_2499.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, audiofeline said:

I don't remember the demo records at all.  Something tells me that they aren't at current audiophile standards (but might still sound OK).

When at school a friend used to rave about the Kriesler Disc-O-Tape as being the best hifi you could own.  And it had a built-in cassette deck. 

At that stage I had a portable record player with ceramic cart, and had part-time weekend jobs to save up to buy a stereo.  I was quite interested to hear the Kriesler, but when I did I found it to be very ordinary.  It was at that stage that I learned my friend had a tendency to exaggerate anything which he had personal association with.  I aspired to something much better (like what I own now), but when it came down to my part-time schoolboy earnings I was only able to buy something of similar quality to the Disc-O-Tape.  But it was a quantum upgrade from what I had.

IMG_2499.jpeg

Yep, they kept the Kriesler name going well into the Solid State era.  The Multi-sonic started in the valve era - not sure if they used Multi-sonic on any transistor models or not.

9 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Now that's an oldie.

It is actually only a 1950 model. It is perfect condition with not a mark on the bakelite. I acquired it about 20 years ago from a guy who only wanted $80 for it. On the bottom there is a service sticker from a R.W Jobson, 296 Lygon St Carlton. His phone number is FJ6876!

• Like 2

Just now, mrbuzzardstubble said:

We grew up on a Kriesler stereogram and then a Pye one in the 60's. Fond memories.

The stereogram is not dead yet though. Tutti Audio make a high end one.

images (91).jpeg

I have had thoughts of making one myself, using modern tech.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all, sorry to bring up an old thread as my first post! But wanted to add to the all in one discussion above, after picking up this piece yesterday, searching has led me here so far! Would love to find some advertising, or more details about this one...

20210414_090331.jpg

20210414_090400.jpg

20210414_090505.jpg

20210414_090535.jpg

20210414_090544.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Llamafarmer said:

Hi all, sorry to bring up an old thread as my first post! But wanted to add to the all in one discussion above, after picking up this piece yesterday, searching has led me here so far! Would love to find some advertising, or more details about this one...

20210414_090331.jpg

20210414_090400.jpg

20210414_090505.jpg

20210414_090535.jpg

20210414_090544.jpg

Depending which part of the state you're in, it only needed to pick up TVT6 or ABC. i can imagine a young Tom Paine presenting the news on that one.

1 hour ago, rodders3 said:

Depending which part of the state you're in, it only needed to pick up TVT6 or ABC. i can imagine a young Tom Paine presenting the news on that one.

We had both of them down this end, with TVT9 up the top bit!  and Tom was a Payne, a pain, but never a Paine to my knowledge!