Yardbird

SOLD: Dynaudio Contour S3.4

Posted (edited)

Item: Dynaudio Contour S3.4 
Price: $2500
Item Condition: EC
Reason for selling: Not suiting my room / amp sold / returning to tubes
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I purchased these a few weeks ago from another SNA member (see attached ad). I was using my Music Fidelity M6i to run them as they are Imped-4 ohm and Senstvty-86db which was no problem for the amp to run. They sounded very musical and detailed to me, but my room is just too small and I have moved on the amp and staying with my tubes.

There are a few minor scuffs and blemishes. A couple are from the magnetic grills on/off at some stage by a previous owner. Many of the other blemishes looks to be able to be cleaned with an appropriate solution if it bothered you. Prices has been reflected and accounted for this.

The MF M6i amp now looks to be sold to another member which places my back into my tube monoblocks and Spendors which is more suited to my listening, room and musicality. My monoblocks just doesn't have the grunt to drive the Dynaudio's. 

Don't need any reviews as most people will know of the quality of Dynaudio products. 

Happy to freight for interstate buyers but there were no original boxes so it'd be best to get your quotes from PacknSend and request appropriate packaging to be completed (at purchases expense).

You'd be hard pressed to find a set of speakers for this mony. Happy to demo locally and would prefer local pick up, but you might need to bring an amp to make them sing and shine as they should. 

Taken from Dynaudio website:

Natural, life-like sound and precise imaging due to its incredible balance and time alignment.

The Contour Cabinet is strengthened by cross braces in specific areas to achieve a solid, vibration-free construction. Internally, the MDF walls are damped with an extremely dense material that absorbs even the most microscopic resonance. 

In conjunction with the advanced metal baffle construction, an extremely stiff and rigid unit is created, further ennobled by the finely polished surface of a beautifully finished real wood veneer. The innovative base plinth, derived from the Dynaudio Confidence range, serves as a stylish yet solid stand for the speakers.

The crossover is mounted on a smaller block, between the plinth and the cabinet, away from unwanted vibrations and resonance, while using the shortest possible path-lengths to the gold plated WBT terminals. The sensitive components are thus isolated from any potential performance compromising factors. In the S 3.4, the new Esotec tweeter is used; it features a double magnet system that ensures extremely high power handling and precise control of movement of the dome.

The Contour S 3.4 is available in a choice of real-wood veneer finishes: Maple, Cherry, Rosewood and Black Ash. Several other real-wood veneers and Piano Clear Lacquer, White Piano Lacquer and Black Piano Lacquer are available upon request per special order.

Technical specifications

Specification sheet for Contour S part 2

Sensitivity:          86 dB (2,83 V/1 m)

IEC Power Handling:        270 W

Impedance:        4 Ohms

Frequency Response:     35 Hz – 25 kHz (± 3 dB)

Box Principle:     2-way bass-reflex

Crossover Frequencies: 2000 Hz

Weight: 33.3 kg

Dimensions (W x H x D): 357 x 1226 x 366 mm

14.1 x 48.3 x 14.4"

IMG_20190301_104849.thumb.jpg.2a2201aced629d1794e8552ff27842f2.jpg

IMG_20190301_104855.thumb.jpg.9805d657b1c4ad5f9a26ca2aaf7c2f65.jpg

IMG_20190301_104912.thumb.jpg.292b944d25e0c9326c009cc1913269c8.jpg

IMG_20190301_104957.thumb.jpg.e90f3991f7e7c7163eb3f421f1c18463.jpg

Edited by Yardbird
Additional info

Symphonic Line and Gryphon suit Dynaudio. M6i can not control dynaudio. All Dynaudio speakers not easy to drive.