Smart tv's

all my tv or dumb tv's :)

In my bed room I have a 40 inch lcd and a popcorn media player that streams via a cat 6 network cable to my main pc media player.

I play up to 10gig movies files MVK and 2 gig MVK tv shows via the popcorn media player.

Also connected to this is a google play thing that my smart phone connect to , to play youtube and stuff like that.

Is there a tv that can do all this for me. The  google is a option. I am trying to get a tv that can connect via cat 6 to media server to play the video files?

Be nice if I sound dumb, like my current lcd :) 

So the video files you wish to play are located where? On your network?

Just re-read your post. The videos are located on your main PC media player. Right?

How old is the TV?

Edited by Jeddie
Added question

I am trying to remove everything that plus into it. My TV is dumb no smart anything. I want to remove the popcorn and google devices and have everything in the tv

Plex , I will look into it. ATM my media server is just win10 , though network. popcorn does this. But I am will to set up anything. Also , is netflicks and stuff like that a standard now?

does plex stream 1080 , 44 min 2gig files - and 10gig movies files MVK?

Edited by dirkdiggler

2 hours ago, dirkdiggler said:

Also , is netflicks and stuff like that a standard now?

does plex stream 1080 , 44 min 2gig files - and 10gig movies files MVK?

I think most TV's now have Netflicks plus others. Best to check on the TV's you are interested in before purchasing.

Plex supports 4K, so should all ok with your files. I think it may also depend on your network and speed.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/203810286-what-media-formats-are-supported/

You could install Plex server on your PC and then use the client from some of the new TV's or devices like Nvidia shield, apple TV etc that can have Plex.

Another reason I bought my TV as it had the option of having Plex, so don't need any other devices.

Plex is free to use with a slightly more advanced version that you can pay for if you want. I bought it as it has multiusers and remembers what each family member is watching or watched.

I also stream over wifi to someone else's house down the street. They have their own Plex username and also watch netflix off my NBN.

Edited by rocky500