Sign in to follow this  
stevoz

Got a supercharged V8 Falcon? Want more grunt? Read this!

On 22/02/2019 at 7:13 PM, stevoz said:

483kW / 753Nm

I have 250kw but I don't have a use for it. Only a holden but too many big brothers( heavys)(rules). At least the ls1 runs on gas at the same economy as 95 as far as I can test. Awesome power here but what do you do with it.

Love it. Just not allowed to play any more!

Rob

The car above is on a track. Thats the only place to see its full potential. You see loads of these every week at Sydney International Dragway.

One thing to keep in mind - a 450Kw car feels a lot different 20-80km/hr than a 250kw car. Its not all about the peak number.

9 hours ago, AudioGeek said:

a 450Kw car feels a lot different 20-80km/hr than a 250kw car

I would get myself in trouble quicksmart. Looks like it has number plates.

9 hours ago, AudioGeek said:

The car above is on a track. Thats the only place to see its full potential. You see loads of these every week at Sydney International Dragway.

One thing to keep in mind - a 450Kw car feels a lot different 20-80km/hr than a 250kw car. Its not all about the peak number.

But it is😃....and it's the 753Nm of torque that gets me excited.....it would pull forever! However, you are right about the track being the only place to see it's full potential....or German autobahns, which we will never see in our backward country.🙁

Yeah you don't need 450kW to have fun. I have a 270kW Tickford Au2 XR8 Ute and that's plenty powerful enough for the street. I'll eventually turbo or supercharge it perhaps but not reallt any need. I know the longing for more power though. My 13b RX2 turbo had 532hp at the rear wheels (870kg car) but I still wanted more. Guess I'm getting old haha.

Oh and if you're willing to spend that kind of coin and want to go really fast Pick up a cheaper RX2/3 for $40k and spend $40k on a 20b turbo. You can get up over 1000hp at the rear wheels for that. It will scare the heck out of you. Don't expect a cup holder or USB charger though haha.

And shame on Ford for finishing the Falcons. They are going to be collectible in years to come.

There are tuning shops with $10k packages for the turbo barra falcons which turn them into 10sec quarter mile capable cars.

Its getting ridiculously cheap to get big power these days.

Luv FORDs...I have a few

Talking of rare Ausi Super Charged

My mate and I were talking about this topic of supercharged rare cars in Australia and he owned a Toyota TRD 3.5 supercharged Aurion which lead me to my next question earlier than that I always admired the VS Calais supercharged model I have a prime example with 100000 km one owner tucked away in my shed a rare supercharged GM product.