FS: Rega Elicit R Amplifier - As new condition, 2 months old ... $2600 (RRP $3700)

Item: Rega Elicit R amplifier
Price: $2600  -   RRP $3700
Item Condition: New
Reason for selling: Changing living area set up to a one box solution
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I purchased the amp new 2 months ago.

Initially, I was going to buy a Rega Brio to match a pair of PMC speakers.  However, I chose the Elicit after listening to just a single test track.  Whilst the Brio is lively and fun the Elicit is a lot more authoritative and resolved. It is an amplifier for grown ups. This is a chance to get something really good, with almost 3 years of warranty!

Unfortunately, after only 2 months the Rega Elicit and PMC Twenty.23 set up is being sold. 

Nice performance summary by CAV;

Rating at a very understated 105W RMS into 8 ohms, Rega's in-house designed power amp stage is set to pull the carpet out from under your speakers and make them do things you never thought possible. 

This has two Sanken Darlington Bipolar Transistors in the output stage which are rated at 150 watts each ... if this were a Japanese amplifier it would be rated at 300RMS as that is what these are capable of. Our local Audio Designer Gary Cawsey points out that these are the best output devices in the world ... none of those cheap Hitachis or Toshibas that proliferate elsewhere. 

We test every amplifier by playing them through the Sonus faber Guaneri Evolutions. These are a pair of ultimate bookshelf speakers that aside form being fantastic and one of the more desirable almost attainable things to have in life, are a very testing trial for an amplifier.

With the Elicit-R playing Keith Jarrett this amplifier immediately sounds far more expensive than it is. There is that solid spatial portrayal and sense of the presence of the instruments that we are accustomed to with amplifiers with an extra decimal place. Still a definable Brio-R character though with a fullness and solidity that takes the edge away, but matured without the rough parts that tell us that a Brio R is still less than two thousand dollars. The Elicit-R is a very grown up amplifier. 

Good balanced review in plain language,  http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/9/24/j027nrfz2howy3zvaklg5heqh9io1l

*** Carlton Audio Visual have confirmed the 3 year warranty is transferable to the next owner - i.e. December 2021.

Pictures:

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

Edited by alan3016
Add review, remove link to sold speakers
  • Like 2