The Expanse, series 3

I was so desperate to watch Season 3 I bought it on Blu-ray from the US from Amazon (at the time Season 3 hadn't had a local release on Blu-ray). Then I realised I'd already seen Season 3 on Netflix, lol. No matter happy to get The Expanse on Blu-ray, it's a keeper imo

Glad to hear it's back on streaming services. Bring on Season 4 I say!  The show is freaking amazing!!! ?

9 hours ago, Davo1972 said:

I was so desperate to watch Season 3 I bought it on Blu-ray from the US from Amazon (at the time Season 3 hadn't had a local release on Blu-ray). Then I realised I'd already seen Season 3 on Netflix, lol. No matter happy to get The Expanse on Blu-ray, it's a keeper imo

Glad to hear it's back on streaming services. Bring on Season 4 I say!  The show is freaking amazing!!! ?

The EXPANSE 1080P Blu-ray is absolute reference material .....it is some of the best 1080P i have ever seen!! ☺️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The good news is that series 3 of The Expanse is available to watch on Prime Video. The gooder news is that series 4 is in production. And......the latest book, number 8 in the series, is due out in March I believe.

Edited by JukKluk2

I watched S3 over the past 2 weeks.   Some of the special effects are amateurish,  especially the outside shots if the space ships.  You could see they were small models :)  i was half expecting to see thunderbird strings.

Story wise and the characters in the show were excellent and looking forward to s4. 

Best Syfy show since Battlestar IMHO, handsdown.

I watched S3 then went straight back and started again at S1 E1.   Brilliant.   Plenty of great behind the scenes vids on youtube well worth watching.   Also Comiccon interviews very good.

Regards Cazzesman

Guest niterida

I only watched series 1 & 2. I thought the ending to series 2 was the best ending of any movie/series I have ever seen. Basically saying that it doesn't matter how hard we try there will always be war and corruption and everything else that comes with being human. I was happy to leave it at that and didn't even realise there was a Series 3 and 4. Not sure if I want to watch them now - it will probably degenerate into a dragging soap opera like most series/sequels that are extended past their expected life expectancy............................

41 minutes ago, niterida said:

I only watched series 1 & 2. I thought the ending to series 2 was the best ending of any movie/series I have ever seen. Basically saying that it doesn't matter how hard we try there will always be war and corruption and everything else that comes with being human. I was happy to leave it at that and didn't even realise there was a Series 3 and 4. Not sure if I want to watch them now - it will probably degenerate into a dragging soap opera like most series/sequels that are extended past their expected life expectancy............................

the Expanse TV series is based on The Expanse novels by James S. A. Corey.  The Expanse is made up of seven novels and six shorter works.   Unless the novels are now soap opera's, not sure how you came up with your synopsis.   S3 was excellent.

2 hours ago, niterida said:

Far from true.  Season 3 is a ripper.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 2

Guest niterida
2 hours ago, metal beat said:

the Expanse TV series is based on The Expanse novels by James S. A. Corey.  The Expanse is made up of seven novels and six shorter works.   Unless the novels are now soap opera's, not sure how you came up with your synopsis.   S3 was excellent.

I didn't say it was a soap opera - I said all the other series that I have watched have ended up dragging out and becoming soap operas.

I look forward to watching S3 and 4 with hope :)

3 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Wes Chatham is the best.

Regards Cazzesman.  

attractive to the straight and gays on the show, and no doubt outside :D

I loved it when he said to the doctor, not to shoot the mad scientist as he was not that kind of man.  then he shot him in head point blank and said " I am"  lol

• Haha 1

On 22/02/2019 at 6:48 AM, vagabond said:

I thought it fell apart half way through S2, it looked like they'd run out of money or something.

Me thinks you may have given it away to early, but as I said, this site is all about opinions. 

Without a doubt I think it is the best syfy on TV at the moment by the length of the straight.

Just my opinion. 

Regards Cazzesman 

• Like 1