Medical Grade Power Cables

Ok, so as a preemptive point, don’t want this to turn into the usual power cable debate.

I was searching online for some 1m long power cables, nothing fancy, just want 1m in length to cure my OCD need of eliminating meters of unnecessary cables behind my respective hifi rack and tv cabinet.

I happen to stumble on medical grade power cables (eBay) of which I know nothing about.

Does anyone use these? Any issues with replacing my hifi or video cables with these? Any perceived benefits? (Pls, no debate, just opinion).

Or should I just search for standard mass production cables (1m or shorter is what I’m really trying to find).

Thanks all.

If you like the look of them, or they're the right length, get 'em. They won't sound any better or worse than any other.

Cheers,
Jason.

That’s what I was hoping the consensus would be (if a consensus on power cables was ever possible) . . . Being AU/NZ standard, makes me confident on quality when buying online, and it comes in the 1m length I need

42 minutes ago, barn door said:

Haha, that bad hey.

They will work, and probably not burn your house down.

Reading the ad carefully there are a few tells which say the cable will not have any Australian compliance markings... and is just bogo standard cable in orange/clear.

Reading the ad carefully there are a few tells which say the cable will not have any Australian compliance markings... and is just bogo standard cable in orange/clear.

This what I’m trying to avoid. I was hoping that medical grade might offer higher levels of quality control.

Does anyone know where I can buy a quality Australian compliance power cable 1m in length?

Edit: without spending $000’s

2 minutes ago, barn door said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a quality Australian compliance power cable 1m in length?

Edit: without spending $000’s

Jaycar? Officeworks? Bunnings?

Edited by Ittaku

Medical refers to a particular standard,

orange sleeve with transparent plugs for easy Id of the items location and condition in a hospital ward.  Unless it is certified there is no added value to the home user.

having said that, here is a reputable supplier...

https://www.lindy.com.au/cables-adapters/power/medical

Edited by Lil Caesar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, barn door said:

Brilliant! emoji106.png
Looks to be what I’m looking for.

Great. Make sure to get one with the correct plug for your device, and be wary they also sell ones with US plugs. These are are a massive worldwide reputable supplier; I can vouch for them having bought lots from there.

• Like 1

You can get any  length from Anyware or WES/Wagner.

$2 each or thereabouts depending on length.

The are 0.5m and even shorter.

I use them a lot in my workshop as I do not want to have a mess on my bench when several components are connected.

IEC end are available with right angle plugs too.

• Like 2