Low Noise switch

Hi Guys,

Just thinking about tidying up a few bits & pieces in my digital front end & wanted to know if there is a recommended lower noise switch?

It would have to be at least 4 port, maybe 8 port better.....or can I just use a LPSU on my existing switch? I suppose the other question would be 'will it make any diff" if I have optical media converters (TP Link MC110's) after the switch?

Cheers

Matt

5 hours ago, mattjtaylor2809 said:

Hi Guys,

Just thinking about tidying up a few bits & pieces in my digital front end & wanted to know if there is a recommended lower noise switch?

It would have to be at least 4 port, maybe 8 port better.....or can I just use a LPSU on my existing switch? I suppose the other question would be 'will it make any diff" if I have optical media converters (TP Link MC110's) after the switch?

Cheers

Matt

Search around, there's a few posts on this one that includes Swenson's research on noise. 

Beyond that you'll do better with a separate subnet and big packets to minimise interrupt frequency on your PC/endpoint.

Will it make a difference? Depends how you treat power throughout, it's not as if your optical converter on the receiving side is passive...

You could do a LPS into things though your far better off trying Swenson's suggestions appropriately - really worth a read, really cheap, really worth discussing whether legal/safe :D (I take no responsibility - but seriously worth a read).

You're only worried about the MC110 at the receive end.

You'd be surprised the sensitivity of your PC/streamer to network traffic. Worth a look.