Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Fabulous stuff!

I'm surprised no one has been banned for posting such things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cultfilman said:

Yep. I watched and enjoyed June in Terry and June. 

 

Well done on answering the quiz. You wanna post one?

Ok here is a tougher one. Not a regular Carry on cast member but pretty well known in his own right. Actor and movie...

 

 

IMG_20190224_10130.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

Ok here is a tougher one. Not a regular Carry on cast member but pretty well known in his own right. Actor and movie...

 

 

IMG_20190224_10130.jpg

Good one Trevor.. but I think I've got you covered. That fine Welsh actor  Donald Houston in Carry On Jack. 

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here is some trivia about  Carry On Camping. 

  • Carry On Camping probably contains the most uses of  tropes, with characters including Sid Boggle (James), Kenneth Soaper (Williams), Charlie Muggins (Hawtrey), Bernie Lugg (Bresslaw), Joan Fussey (Sims).
  •  
  • Explain this scene from Camping?
  • image.jpeg.64ccba4ee9ce3a64107e5252cb7632d9.jpeg
Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2019 at 12:56 PM, cultfilman said:

 

Here is some trivia about  Carry On Camping. 

  • Carry On Camping probably contains the most uses of  tropes, with characters including Sid Boggle (James), Kenneth Soaper (Williams), Charlie Muggins (Hawtrey), Bernie Lugg (Bresslaw), Joan Fussey (Sims).
  •  
  • Explain this scene from Camping?
  • image.jpeg.64ccba4ee9ce3a64107e5252cb7632d9.jpeg

Ok, so I spent some time trying to remember and didn't get the the answer.  I eventually resorted to Google and now I am kicking myself that I didn't know... Yes an absolutely classic scene (I won't give it away in case someone else wants a go - without Google!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention that this thread inspired me to watch this amazing doco on Kenneth Williams (can't believe that I have not seen this before).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hifigeek said:

I forgot to mention that this thread inspired me to watch this amazing doco on Kenneth Williams (can't believe that I have not seen this before).

 

 

I too have watched this.  Also the teleplay Fantabulosa.. Have you seen that with Martin Sheen playing Williams.  He was a sad.. rather pathetic man.  A talented actor and what I think was a reluctant comedian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

I too have watched this.  Also the teleplay Fantabulosa.. Have you seen that with Martin Sheen playing Williams.  He was a sad.. rather pathetic man.  A talented actor and what I think was a reluctant 

No I have never seen Fantabulosa, I will absolutely have to check it out.

 

So much self-loathing, so sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Here is a very good print of it . Enjoy mate.

 

Thanks so much, I am sure I will.

 

Have you also seen this doco on Hatti Jacques?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...