22 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Here are some multiples:

Who has the character Pintpot in CO Cabbie

Name Sid James character in CO Up the Khyber

Who played W C Boggs in CO At Your Convenience

Ok I know for sure one of three (I'm not 100% sure about the first and third).

I believe the first one is Charles Hawtrey.

I know the second is Sir Sidney Rough Diamond as I just rewatched the film.

And the third I think might be Kenneth Williams.

Edited by Hifigeek

1 hour ago, Hifigeek said:

Ok I know for sure one of three (I'm not 100% sure about the first and third).

I believe the first one is Charles Hawtrey.

I know the second is Sir Sidney Rough Diamond as I just rewatched the film.

And the third I think might be Kenneth Williams.

3 out of three. well done. yours.

1 hour ago, cultfilman said:

3 out of three. well done. yours.

I am surprised, I honestly wasn't sure about other two.

Ok here is another one. I have included a picture of all of the Carry On's that I currently own. Five of these movies feature Terry Scott, but which ones?

And for an extra 5 points (this one is really tricky) which movie was he cut from? (a clue, his character's name was Mr Allcock)

IMG_20190303_29780.jpg

As I now know which Carry Ons you own and will know the best here is a question from the one of the others. ?

Carry On Henry.

Name three characters from this film.

For a bonus point. Something odd happened to one of the characters. Can you name what?

Edited by cultfilman

8 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Camping, Up the Jungle, Loving, Up the Khyber,  Got a feeling he was also in Doctor.

Scott was originally cast in CO Teacher in the Leslie Phillips role.. a bit of trivia I did not know my friend. Why was he cut? I say as the producers were of the opinion they had miscast him. He is not my idea of the Casanova type.

You are very good and very close however it wasn't Doctor but Matron. The film he was cut out of was Carry On At Your Convenience. 

18 hours ago, cultfilman said:

As I now know which Carry Ons you own and will know the best here is a question from the one of the others. ?

Carry On Henry.

Name three characters from this film.

For a bonus point. Something odd happened to one of the characters. Can you name what?

Very sneaky! I do also have a couple of others recorded (although not Henry!)

Well I know that Sid James played Henry, and Terry Scott played Cardinal Wolsey, what I don't remember is who Barbara Windsor played. She was a love interest of Henry's so possibly one of the queens? But I don't know which one. I will therefore take a stab and say that somebody must have played Thomas Cromwell.

Also I can't say I remember the odd thing that happened to one of the characters, obviously Anne Boleyn was beheaded but I don't think that was part of the film.

23 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

image.jpeg.c7dac413362c44c0001b69717bb99ea3.jpeg

Roger de Logerley (Charlie Hawtrey) is stretched on the rack multiple times. 

Edited by cultfilman

11 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

You are very good and very close however it wasn't Doctor but Matron. The film he was cut out of was Carry On At Your Convenience. 

Do you know why he was cut from this?

30 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Do you know why he was cut from this?

Good question, and one that I didn't know the answer to until I found this article...

Carry On great Terry Scott filmed a pivotal boardroom debate scene as union big wig Mr Allcock. Paid the princely sum of £500 for his one day’s work on 20th April 1971, directly Gerald Thomas reluctantly had to cut the entire scene. Writing a personal note to Terry on 10th June 1971 he explained that: “this is in no way any reflection on you or your performance but the film finished 50 minutes over length and we felt rather than cut your sequence down so that you were only on the screen for a flash it would be kinder to remove the entire scene as really it had no effect one way or the other on the story, such as it is.” Terry was due to receive ninth star billing for his aborted supporting turn.

35 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

image.jpeg.c7dac413362c44c0001b69717bb99ea3.jpeg

Roger de Logerley (Charlie Hawtrey) is stretched on the rack multiple times. 

Brilliant! 

Ok here is a quick one...

Name the two Carry On's that were initally released without the Carry On prefix (hint... these where the first two films produced by Rank Organisation)

1 hour ago, Hifigeek said:

Good question, and one that I didn't know the answer to until I found this article...

Carry On great Terry Scott filmed a pivotal boardroom debate scene as union big wig Mr Allcock. Paid the princely sum of £500 for his one day’s work on 20th April 1971, directly Gerald Thomas reluctantly had to cut the entire scene. Writing a personal note to Terry on 10th June 1971 he explained that: “this is in no way any reflection on you or your performance but the film finished 50 minutes over length and we felt rather than cut your sequence down so that you were only on the screen for a flash it would be kinder to remove the entire scene as really it had no effect one way or the other on the story, such as it is.” Terry was due to receive ninth star billing for his aborted supporting turn.

Thanks for that. I was wondering why he was only given such a small role.. given his far larger contributions in the two previous films..Loving and Up the Jungle. Could Peter Rogers apology be in the form of Scott's next larger role in Matron.

Question. Does he still receive his princely sum if his scenes end up on the cutting room floor. Remember Rogers was known for being rather miserly.

Edited by cultfilman

Just now, cultfilman said:

Thanks for that. I was wondering why he was only given such a small role.. given his far larger contributions in the two previous films..Loving and Up the Jungle. Could Peter Rogers way of an apology be Scott's next larger role in Matron.

Absolutely. Funny enough I am currently watching Loving (this thread has inspired me to revisit). Scott is great as Mr Philpot, the scene when he visits Jenny Grubb (with the bizarre aged relatives) is fabulous.

Just now, Hifigeek said:

Absolutely. Funny enough I am currently watching Loving (this thread has inspired me to revisit). Scott is great as Mr Philpot, the scene when he visits Jenny Grubb (with the bizarre aged relatives) is fabulous.

Loving is as good as any. Gets a bit farcical with the final scene.. But does not detract from the remainder.  Love the scene where he is trying to unzip Miss Grubb's dress and is continually interrupted. Always enjoyed Scott's work on Carry On. Did not do enuff of them. How is beautiful downtown Wagga today?

5 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Loving is as good as any. Gets a bit farcical with the final scene.. But does not detract from the remainder.  Love the scene where he is trying to unzip Miss Grubb's dress and is continually interrupted. Always enjoyed Scott's work on Carry On. Did not do enuff of them. How is beautiful downtown Wagga today?

Yes agreed, still 'Loving' it after all these years. And Terry Scott should have done more, I also just rewatched 'Camping' and he was a standout (love the scene when he goes to collect the milk!)

I haven't ventured downtown today, but I'm sure it's as per normal (things don't move too quickly in Wagga!)

17 minutes ago, Hifigeek said:

Brilliant! 

Ok here is a quick one...

Name the two Carry On's that were initally released without the Carry On prefix (hint... these where the first two films produced by Rank Organisation)

That is a tricky one.  The last Anglo Amalgamated was Spying I believe. So an educated guess is Cleo and Cowboy.

2 minutes ago, Hifigeek said:

Yes agreed, still 'Loving' it after all these years. And Terry Scott should have done more, I also just rewatched 'Camping' and he was a standout (love the scene when he goes to collect the milk!)

I haven't ventured downtown today, but I'm sure it's as per normal (things don't move too quickly in Wagga!)

Yes the milk scene is a classic. Also when Charlie Hawtrey drops by for a room and is blamed by the man for getting his daughter pregnant. The father asks "have you been with my daughter before " Charlie replies "no..but if the offer still holds.." The writing by Talbot Rothwell is so good.

5 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

That is a tricky one.  The last Anglo Amalgamated was Spying I believe. So an educated guess is Cleo and Cowboy.

When I tell you the titles it will make sense...

Carry On Don't Lose Your Head and Carry On Follow That Camel where originally released without the Carry On prefix.

6 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Yes makes sense. I was a coupla years off.

Which actor's character had a photographic memory in CO Spying.

I haven't seen Carry On Spying in years. I am going to take a stab at Charles Hawtrey's character???

15 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

I haven't seen Carry On Spying in years. I am going to take a stab at Charles Hawtrey's character???

No mate. It was of all people Babs Windsor's character.

Another on the same film. Which regular played multiple roles?

Edited by cultfilman

28 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

No mate. It was of all people Babs Windsor's character.

Another on the same film. Which regular played multiple roles?

Oh no... I am trying to remember who was in it. I think Kenneth Williams played the main bond character so I don't think it was him. Maybe Jim Dale??

Also here is another quickly. Most of the films used some of the actors first names as their characters first names. One film has more examples of this then any other... which one?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hifigeek said:

Oh no... I am trying to remember who was in it. I think Kenneth Williams played the main bond character so I don't think it was him. Maybe Jim Dale??

Also here is another quickly. Most of the films used some of the actors first names as their characters first names. One film has more examples of this then any other... which one?

Jim Dale it was.

2 minutes ago, Hifigeek said:

Another tricky one. Sid was used for almost all of Sid James characters if memory serves. 

I will say Camping. Sid Boggle, Joan Fussey, Babs, Kenneth Soper, Charlie Muggins. Terry Scott was the odd one out.