Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
cultfilman

Carry On Carrying On.

Recommended Posts

You would have to have been on another planet to not have heard of the classic Brit Carry On films.  I grew up with the zany Carry On crew of Sid James, Joan Sims, Kenneth Williams, Peter Butterworth and Charlie Hawtrey. 

Post whatever you want. a quiz, trivia, general info about the 32 films that made up the Carry On series. 😆

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grew up with them and loved most if not all of them.

 

I liked the Doctor In The House movies also.

 

The series Doctor at Large was OK also, but Doctor Down Under was woeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Grew up with them and loved most if not all of them.

 

I liked the Doctor In The House movies also.

 

The series Doctor at Large was OK also, but Doctor Down Under was woeful.

Do you have a favorite Carry On?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Do you have a favorite Carry On?

I don't think my memory is good enough to pick one, most were all very good.

 

@cafe67  that one was a cracker.

 

Just pondering on how they would be received these days, maybe not too well.

Edited by Muon N'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Just pondering on how they would be received these days, maybe not too well.

Someone moaning about them being sexist is not far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kab said:

Someone moaning about them being sexist is not far away.

Sexist is not the only aspect, imagine them airing something like 'On the Buses' these days.

Edited by Muon N'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Sexist is not the only aspect, imagine them airing something like 'On the Buses' these days.

The safe spaces would be overflowing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


26 minutes ago, kab said:

Someone moaning about them being sexist is not far away.

 

45 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

I don't think my memory is good enough to pick one, most were all very good.

 

@cafe67  that one was a cracker.

 

Just pondering on how they would be received these days, maybe not too well.

There have been several attemps to resurrect the Carry Ons over the past two decades.. all have failed. 

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no good with remembering names, but a mate of mine names them like he saw them yesterday, often he only needs to hear the voice to name them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 18/02/2019 at 8:21 PM, The Bluesman said:

Mr Fiddler was pretty cool, that'll be a Pound

 

Yes.. Mr Fiddler has just gone for a P. 😉

 

Any idea who the face belongs to? He was in the second ever Carry On and the last.

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Dale. His first Carry On was Cabbie ('63).. his last Columbus ('92).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2019 at 6:14 PM, Muon N' said:

Grew up with them and loved most if not all of them.

 

I liked the Doctor In The House movies also.

 

The series Doctor at Large was OK also, but Doctor Down Under was woeful.

We can make this a Comedy thread if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being English and the age I am... Carry On is unfortunately part of my DNA. I do own a dozen or so of my favourites and when on occasions I decide to watch one (not with the wife as she refuses!) I have to admit to feeling very slightly naughty (Ohoo, matron...) I think Carry On at Your Convenience might just be my favourite, followed of course by Carry on Camping (that one always reminds me why I left the country!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, cultfilman said:

We can make this a Comedy thread if you like.

Please 'carry on as is', don't mind me as I have nothing to add either way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hifigeek said:

Being English and the age I am... Carry On is unfortunately part of my DNA. I do own a dozen or so of my favourites and when on occasions I decide to watch one (not with the wife as she refuses!) I have to admit to feeling very slightly naughty (Ohoo, matron...) I think Carry On at Your Convenience might just be my favourite, followed of course by Carry on Camping (that one always reminds me why I left the country!)

Well Trevor seems you and I may be  the main contributors on this thread. Why does your wife refuse to watch them with you? Mine gets a chuckle out of them. btw surely you knew Jim Dale?

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2019 at 7:32 PM, Muon N' said:

Sexist is not the only aspect, imagine them airing something like 'On the Buses' these days.

....or from the same era, why not bring back The Black and White Minstrel Show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Well Trevor seems you and I may be  the main contributors on this thread. Why does your wife refuse to watch them with you? Mine gets a chuckle out of them. btw surely you knew Jim Dale?

Hi Kris,

 

Yes I certain remember Jim Dale. Funny enough I recently re-watched Carry On Cabby. What a Fab film, I love the chemistry between Hatty Jakes and Sid James. Maybe I can persuad the other half to give that one a go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name this Carry On actor (l) and the film..
Patsy Rowlands and Terry Scott in Carry on Henry (1971)
 

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cultfilman said:

Name this Carry On actor (l) and the film..
Patsy Rowlands and Terry Scott in Carry on Henry (1971)
 

No one like quizzes here? 

 

Love this quote from the film.


Man : A drink, Ma'am?
Queen Marie : Thank you.
Man : I can heartily recommend the port here.
Queen Marie : Really? Then do send him up to my room later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2019 at 4:00 PM, Hifigeek said:

Being English and the age I am... Carry On is unfortunately part of my DNA. I do own a dozen or so of my favourites and when on occasions I decide to watch one (not with the wife as she refuses!) I have to admit to feeling very slightly naughty (Ohoo, matron...) I think Carry On at Your Convenience might just be my favourite, followed of course by Carry on Camping (that one always reminds me why I left the country!)

Please explain that last sentence Trevor.

 

Need you on the quizzes mate.

Edited by cultfilman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Please explain that last sentence Trevor.

 

Need you on the quizzes mate.

Hi, yes that was a bit abstract. I was refering to my memories of dodgy uk camping grounds and holiday camps. Seeing tiny caravans parked next to busy dual carriageways with sad looking families drinking luke warm tea from thermos flasks in the rain... I think their  miserable looking faces must have said to me "what wouldn't we give right now to be on a beach in Australia" 

 

Wow I have just read that back, sorry for such a depressing response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...