Alita - battle angel

Saw this today , rather funky 

Pinocchio meets  blade runner, Frankenstein meets ghost in the shell meets AI. Add a dash of Elysium. A pinch of roller ball. 

Good story that keep you going , perhaps  could  have done with some editing to trim some unnesscary bits but generally flows well. 

Good acting from from the main star and Christopher walz. 

Has some of the best effects I've seen in a ( obviously sci-fi) movie, it's easy to get jaded with cgi, but this one is good.  I'm tempted to see it again in 3D 

teeny caution - it idoes get somewhat violent mitigated by the fact that it's mostly cyborg against cyborg, but just letting you  know. 

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

I am planning to watch this in 3d coming Monday. Have heard that 3D is done right on this one.

Avatar is imho still the best implementation of 3D in a film. As a constant immersion rather than a in your face gimmick. 

Having said tbat, it’s has been a fair while since I saw a 3D movie. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Saw this today , rather funky 

Pinocchio meets  blade runner, Frankenstein meets ghost in the shell meets AI. Add a dash of Elysium. A pinch of roller ball. 

Good story that keep you going , perhaps  could  have done with some editing to trim some unnesscary bits but generally flows well. 

Good acting from from the main star and Christopher walz. 

Has some of the best effects I've seen in a ( obviously sci-fi) movie, it's easy to get jaded with cgi, but this one is good.  I'm tempted to see it again in 3D 

teeny caution - it idoes get somewhat violent mitigated by the fact that it's mostly cyborg against cyborg, but just letting you  know. 

Saw Muke a few weeks back and they showed the trailers. OMG my wife hates sci-fi but she said she would go and see it. I’d like to for sure.

About Mule. It’s a Clint Eastwood swan song. You will never see him play the main roll in another movie ever again. It was a Yentl but enjoyable.

Saw it at Imax Mel yesterday - thought it was good, very watchable, good fun great in 3D outstanding effects.... but it's imax!.

Familiar faces some tricky to spot in their cyborg get up - was that lawnmower man with some cyborg dogs?. Christopher always good especially getting a swastika carved on his forehead...but he's a good guy in this :)

Have reached VMax at Fountaingate and I am the only one here for the 3D show. About 5 minutes before the start. Dont mind at all. Cheers20190218_145136.jpeg.e273a17cc3a8e482bda450b9144b2068.jpeg
Just finished it and really enjoyed it. Gorgeous looking movie.....had the same feel as Ready Player One...3D was just OK. A couple of good effects but nothing special. Must buy 4K when It gets a release.
Cheers

Guest Muon N'

That's so different to back in the 70's where you could hardly find a decent seat in a crowded theatre, amazing those places survive.

Watched the trailer and it appeals :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just finished watching on DVD with the big speakers cranked, recliner in the sweet spot. 

Loved it. 

As mentioned in an earlier post I will watch anything with Christoph Waltz.  Loved The Zero Theorem too, and Water for Elephants, etc, etc.

Next up for me on total chillax day is Mortal Engines.

Cheers, Ant.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GregWormald said:

I thought this was excellent, until the thrills that were well-built came to almost nothing in the conclusion.?

Did it get set up like that so the follow-up is required?

From watching the extras on the DVD, I think it will depend on how financially successful it is. 

There are nine books in the original Manga story by Japanese artist and creator Yukito Kishiro, and he's now up to nineteen books.

Plenty of material to draw from there.  Let's hope they continue.  It was perfectly set up for another movie I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this one on Bluray. Great sound mix and nice to have the main character with a bit of a positive vibe going on, felt different from the typical Hollywood bleakness.

The first time the Centurion appears in the market place is a demo worthy scene for sure, with the subs tearing the room apart!

Ending felt like they ran out of cash and said 'well that's all folks' but if it's simply a set up for sequel(s) i'm all in :)

Edited by zakblue