Sign in to follow this  
cafe67

Alita - battle angel

Saw this today , rather funky 

Pinocchio meets  blade runner, Frankenstein meets ghost in the shell meets AI. Add a dash of Elysium. A pinch of roller ball. 

Good story that keep you going , perhaps  could  have done with some editing to trim some unnesscary bits but generally flows well. 

Good acting from from the main star and Christopher walz. 

Has some of the best effects I've seen in a ( obviously sci-fi) movie, it's easy to get jaded with cgi, but this one is good.  I'm tempted to see it again in 3D 

teeny caution - it idoes get somewhat violent mitigated by the fact that it's mostly cyborg against cyborg, but just letting you  know. 

Edited by cafe67

I am planning to watch this in 3d coming Monday. Have heard that 3D is done right on this one.

43 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

I am planning to watch this in 3d coming Monday. Have heard that 3D is done right on this one.

Avatar is imho still the best implementation of 3D in a film. As a constant immersion rather than a in your face gimmick. 

Having said tbat, it’s has been a fair while since I saw a 3D movie. 

I don't know why I've neglected these threads for two years.

I'm a huge Christoph Waltz fanboy.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

This is definitely on my list despite Rotten Tomatoes having it below 60% at 6/10.

The audience rating is 92% at 9/10.😁

55 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

This is definitely on my list despite Rotten Tomatoes having it below 60% at 6/10.

The audience rating is 92% at 9/10.😁

Id go with the audience rating.....the trailer is awesome....:D

18 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Saw this today , rather funky 

Pinocchio meets  blade runner, Frankenstein meets ghost in the shell meets AI. Add a dash of Elysium. A pinch of roller ball. 

Good story that keep you going , perhaps  could  have done with some editing to trim some unnesscary bits but generally flows well. 

Good acting from from the main star and Christopher walz. 

Has some of the best effects I've seen in a ( obviously sci-fi) movie, it's easy to get jaded with cgi, but this one is good.  I'm tempted to see it again in 3D 

teeny caution - it idoes get somewhat violent mitigated by the fact that it's mostly cyborg against cyborg, but just letting you  know. 

Saw Muke a few weeks back and they showed the trailers. OMG my wife hates sci-fi but she said she would go and see it. I’d like to for sure.

About Mule. It’s a Clint Eastwood swan song. You will never see him play the main roll in another movie ever again. It was a Yentl but enjoyable.

1 hour ago, mwhouston said:

About Mule. It’s a Clint Eastwood swan song. You will never see him play the main roll in another movie ever again. It was a Yentl but enjoyable.

Clint Eastwood have a Yentl moment.......:D

Planning to go see Tomorrow....3PM show at Fountaingate VMAX....Will report back on the 3D and my thoughts.....