Sign in to follow this  
akjono

Hello - Please Allow me to Introduce myself...

Hi All, I also joined SNA last year, and have been lurking around...time to say G'day. Great info here. Thank you all.  I am often enjoying music at home, not so much in the car, and I would say I am more old school I guess... . I have an assortment of old(15 yrs)  and older refurbished (30 years! + actually totally re-designed) components. I am less of a Techie, just want to enjoy the sounds. I tell myself that anyway. 

For example 'my newest' piece of equipment is a Marantz CD-42 (Chassis only) with 8x TDA1543 and usb input, built by some smart dude in the UK. Acquired 6 months ago. And it plays CDs to boot. 

I am amazed at the continuing "progress" with cables and improvements in Sound Quality when applied to my modest system, and though limited in funds, am experimenting with "new" cables, etc., and what a difference it can make. Not all good! but... that is the fun of this hobby. 

Look forward to hearing/reading from you, and I will post some queries I have concerning older equipment, working, but worth doing up or.... not. etc.. . 

Cheers and Happy Listening

Jono   (Akjono is for Alaska Jono... yes, where I resided for many years... and dream about when it is over 30C!) 

Welcome, Jono. Good to have you on board 👍

Welcome Jono :)

I dream about temps well under 30 of late ;)

Have fun :thumb:

Aye Laddies, I've been around for a long long year, ..... but only 54 to this date! And of course, not only the degrees matter, it's the humidity! (in my brain?...)... I don't care what folks say, 28C with high humidity is as bad as 46C in dry, it's HOT...  and where's my refreshing beverage!?

Welcome Jono, it's good to see a lurker convert to a poster.  There are lots of "old-school" audio enthusiasts here.