Sign in to follow this  
Gieseler Audio

GIESELER Fein DAC I clearance.

GIESELER Fein DAC I clearance.

The Fein DAC I is now discontinued but I do have a few models left in stock so I have reduced the price considerably.

1  x std USB only version.  List $1750 now $1575

1  x  USB only version with larger Jensen output transformers.  List $1900  now $1700

1  x  USB only totally maxed out version.  List $2350 now $1900

The std version is available via the web site - the other two you will need to PM or email me. 

Upgrades are

Output transformers are the top chassis mount version $165 each!

Additional fully balanced active buffer between the DAC chip & output transformers. This lowers the output impedance from 600 ohms to under 100 ohms so definitely better for driving a power amp directly.

Independent PSU's for VREF supplies to the DAC chip - same as Fein II.  Also additional 470uf Silmic II bypass caps  added to VREF caps.

Now I guess the first question will be - how does it compare to a Fein II? I soon as I get another Fein II built I will do a comparison & post results.

Note! this DAC has split power rails so is unsuitable for a Kraftwerk PSU upgrade.

IMG_3377.thumb.JPG.78a8eaf0c5fb7c1bc0412d5b45c95032.JPGIMG_3381.thumb.JPG.74889d887b932a867e619dee46011f57.JPG

Edited by Gieseler Audio
added info