GoT streaming

G’Day all,

With the last season of Game of Thrones approaching, I’m looking for the beat way to access it.

Im looking for the beat quality available to go with my new 4K Atoms home theater.

I haven’t got Foxtel boxset installed at the house, I’d prefer not go down that road if I don’t have to. Just wondering what everyone else has used in the past.

Cheers!

Guest thathifiguy

Over the last seven seasons I have always tried to find the most legit way of accessing the content without giving Foxtel any money.

What stuffed me was HBO giving Foxtel exclusivity locally as I used to buy a season pass on iTunes.

I even (rather laboriously) went as far as to setup an HBO Now account (which at the time only required a US iTunes account), ran my VPN and put credit into my account via iTunes cards, but HBO caught wind of what was happening and shut it down.

I was left with two options, Foxtel or dodgy. I went with the latter.

Guest Muon N'
18 hours ago, groovem said:

All seasons are available on Blu-ray and Season One is also available on 4K. Do you really want to watch it in DVD quality?

Wouldn't bother me.

One thing I won't do is is sub' to any FOX media apparatus ;)

I might look at disks when they are available for the last season :thumb:

@groovem  after a quick google it appears It's available on DVD too. Now I just need to wait for the release, if it is after screening on FOX I'll have to avoid spoilers:lol:

Edited by Muon N'
typo

• 3 weeks later...
I did the AppleTV / US iTunes / HBO / iTunes credit and smartDNS route last season, it worked flawlessly ... it wiped the floor quality wise compared to Foxtel now
I would like to give that a try. I'll pm you sometime.

Guest Muon N'

I gave up the alternate ways a number of years ago, so unless I subscribe to something at least short term I'll have to wait for the DVD's, yeah, don't have any fancy pants players :D

Avoiding spoilers will be hard work though.

• 5 weeks later...

I usually buy it on iTunes as soon as it goes up, which will probably be sometime this week, with the expectation I will watch the whole series when it is released. Then, after waiting a week or so, I can't help myself and go and pirate it. 

Edited by deviltoob