Davo1972

JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Thread

On 16/05/2020 at 1:43 PM, oztheatre said:

I agree. However JVC have to get the projector back first, get the service centre to assess, find error codes etc, send to JVC, then JVC reserve their rights to repair or replace as per accc rules. 

Out of curiosity, shouldn't dealers provide a direct swap for the customer (provided both parties agree that there's an issue) and have the dealer then sort it out with JVC themselves?

After all, the sales contract is between the retailer and the customer. 

Nope they don't over here.  Sony on the other hand if you have a problem had no issues they let you keep there one until a replacement was organised. There level of service is top notch.

46 minutes ago, waikis said:

Out of curiosity, shouldn't dealers provide a direct swap for the customer (provided both parties agree that there's an issue) and have the dealer then sort it out with JVC themselves?

not how australian consumer law works....

however yes indeed sales contract is very much between retailer and customer., and why i keep telling folk to buy from a retailer that will go into bat for you. however it still has to be verified somehow by both retailer and jvc ? which is often the quandary. 

someone has to pay for all these B stock units if they just keep swapping out. it could become like epson in the us where you just get a refurb if you return yours... would you be happy with that ? or on other hand like in the us you have all these B stock jvcs floating around. who is to know buying 2nd hand it was B stock customer return with goodness knows what problem ! 

I have had as i have mentioned before a DOA jvc that was swapped out with a new one and had the new even before the old one was picked up. I have had epson with 8 hours that took 3 months of fighting with even my retailer and the the authorised repairer on my side saying why the refurbed unit was unacceptable... eventually to get a new unit ...only to have that go back forth multiples times in and out of the repairer for numbers issues over its 3.5 year warranty...

1 minute ago, betty boop said:

however yes indeed sales contract is very much between retailer and customer., and why i keep telling folk to buy from a retailer that will go into bat for you. however it still has to be verified somehow by both retailer and jvc ? which is often the quandary. 

someone has to pay for all these B stock units if they just keep swapping out. it could become like epson in the us where you just get a refurb if you return yours... would you be happy with that ? or on other hand like in the us you have all these B stock jvcs floating around. who is to know buying 2nd hand it was B stock customer return with goodness knows what problem ! 

I have had as i have mentioned before a DOA jvc that was swapped out with a new one and had the new even before the old one was picked up. I have had epson with 8 hours that took 3 months of fighting with even my retailer and the the authorised repairer on my side saying why the refurbed unit was unacceptable... eventually to get a new unit ...only to have that go back forth multiples times in and out of the repairer for numbers issues over its 3.5 year warranty...

Your right Al JVC doesn't want to deal with B Stock. I ended up B stocking 3 760es and 1 870es. Sorry but if they come to me with dust spots or optical block issues or even focus issues they were going back. 

Unfortunately now JVC doesn't like swapping the unit, they look at repairing the fault first.  Problem is when spending $15K + on projectors you don't want to go back and forth 

2 minutes ago, franin said:

Your right Al JVC doesn't want to deal with B Stock. I ended up B stocking 3 760es and 1 870es. Sorry but if they come to me with dust spots or optical block issues or even focus issues they were going back. 

Unfortunately now JVC doesn't like swapping the unit, they look at repairing the fault first.  Problem is when spending $15K + on projectors you don't want to go back and forth 

yeah when dealing with such expensive things... last thing id want a bunch of B stock that are in circulation... that just keep getting handed out for customer returns. re jvc we had example above earlier where it hasn't gone back and forth. so doesnt have to be. but yeah ive been there with the epson going back forth so know what thats like ! 

13 hours ago, betty boop said:

Ah well, I must have been spoiled as I never really had the trouble of getting stuffs back to the manufacturer.

Hopefully Interweb chose a good dealer. I don't know any projector owners who would put up with that kind of defect. To me (and I think everyone here), that's a major defect. 

I also got a DOA NX7  that i spent a weekend with before i had to send it to JVC's service centre.
It's been about 2.5 weeks and so far i don't know what the outcome is.  I am shocked given the cost.

It had bad uniformity and a very noticable green/yellow ish tint on the right side of the image, bright corners, dust blobs and pink spots on white screen. 

20200428_122711.thumb.jpg.3c907c9a08d3c8380fdbbf03fba920d2.jpg20200428_122914.thumb.jpg.a4c28f088d97b5128e8db6fe8b673b69.jpg20200428_122058.thumb.jpg.4b16ba4b07898b8e3be19ed71f8a9f84.jpg20200428_122509.thumb.jpg.693011a3183b6ed00e6994fd5f0aa30d.jpg

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NapsterAU said:

I also got a DOA NX7  that i spent a weekend with before i had to send it to JVC's service centre.
It's been about 2.5 weeks and so far i don't know what the outcome is.  I am shocked given the cost.

It had bad uniformity and a very noticable green/yellow ish tint on the right side of the image, bright corners, dust blobs and pink spots on white screen. 

20200428_122711.thumb.jpg.3c907c9a08d3c8380fdbbf03fba920d2.jpg20200428_122914.thumb.jpg.a4c28f088d97b5128e8db6fe8b673b69.jpg20200428_122058.thumb.jpg.4b16ba4b07898b8e3be19ed71f8a9f84.jpg20200428_122509.thumb.jpg.693011a3183b6ed00e6994fd5f0aa30d.jpg

There must be a disgruntled employee who is working at the assembly area at JVC who is purposely messing these up. How can this happen ??

Yours does not look good at all. Reminds me of my Sony. I had two with dustblobs one with bad lens and the other with an optical block issue ( green tinge ).  Yours is all packed in one. 

Have they got back to  you at all ? Yours needs to be replaced. 

Edited by franin

19 hours ago, betty boop said:

Not necessarily. It depends on whether the problem is considered to be "major" or "minor".     Where major faults occur, the consumer must be offered the right to full refund or exchange for a new item. 

As for definitions as to what constitutes minor or major faults, Choice Magazine  published an article on consumers rights  and their definition is below

I can't imagine that  100% of the faults listed for projectors are minor, even though they may have ben treated as such.

What's a major failure?

When you're deciding if there is a major failure, here are the four things to consider:

• You would not have bought the product if you had known about the problem. For example: You would not purchase a laptop if the screen became unreadable within a few weeks.
  • The product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model. For example: You order red shorts online to match your sports team's uniform, but the retailer sends you a black pair. In this situation, you can ask for a refund, replacement or compensation.
  • The product is unfit for their normal purpose or the purpose specified to the supplier and can't be fixed in a reasonable time. For example: Your new gumboots have a hole in the sole and can't be worn in the rain.
  • The product is unsafe. For example: your new toaster sends out sparks when you switch it on

For a major failure, you can request your choice of a refund, replacement or repair (if possible) from the business.

What's a minor failure?

A minor failure is one that can be fixed within a reasonable time frame. A good example of a minor failure is if you find a piece of loose thread on an item of clothing you've just bought.

For a minor failure, the business can offer you a refund, replacement or to repair the product free of charge. If the business refuses to fix the problem or is taking too long, you can ask someone else to fix the problem and request compensation from the retailer.

What are my rights when seeking a refund or replacement?

Refund

For major failures, the seller must offer you a refund as one of the available options. They can't make you accept a credit note or exchange or replacement if you tell them that you want a refund.

If the failure is minor, then the business can choose to offer you a repair, refund or a replacement.

Replacement

For both minor and major failures, any replacement product must be the same type and of similar value as what is being replaced. If that's not possible, you may have to choose between receiving a refund or opting for a repair.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, franin said:

There must be a disgruntled employee who is working at the assembly area at JVC who is purposely messing these up. How can this happen ??

Yours does not look good at all. Reminds me of my Sony. I had two with dustblobs one with bad lens and the other with an optical block issue ( green tinge ).  Yours is all packed in one. 

Have they got back to  you at all ? Yours needs to be replaced. 

Yeah it's really bad and surely these issues can't pass QC?
I can understand the dust blobs showing up post QC since things get banged around in shipping but the other issues should not have got through. 

It's with JVC in Japan at the moment but yeah i would have expected a replacement but seems that's not how JVC does things in Aus.

Edited by NapsterAU

2 minutes ago, NapsterAU said:

Yeah it's really bad and surely these issues can't pass QC?
I can understand the dust blobs showing up post QC since things get banged around in shipping but the other issues should not have got through. 

It's with JVC in Japan at the moment but yeah i would have expected a replacement but seems that now how JVC does things in Aus.

From what I’ve been told in AVS there a sealed unit dust blobs has come direct from the factory. My Sony did as well first one ( First time I started it. )  I had dust blobs throughout the optical block. 

So they sent it too Japan or are they waiting for confirmation from Japan? Apparently I read JVC Aus they cannot do anything until Japan gives the go ahead.

8 minutes ago, Tasso said:

Not necessarily. It depends on whether the problem is considered to be "major" or "minor".     Where major faults occur, the consumer must be offered the right to full refund or exchange for a new item. 

As for definitions as to what constitutes minor or major faults, Choice Magazine  published an article on consumers rights  and their definition is below

I can't imagine that  100% of the faults listed for projectors are minor, even though they may have ben treated as such.

What's a major failure?

When you're deciding if there is a major failure, here are the four things to consider:

• You would not have bought the product if you had known about the problem. For example: You would not purchase a laptop if the screen became unreadable within a few weeks.
  • The product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model. For example: You order red shorts online to match your sports team's uniform, but the retailer sends you a black pair. In this situation, you can ask for a refund, replacement or compensation.
  • The product is unfit for their normal purpose or the purpose specified to the supplier and can't be fixed in a reasonable time. For example: Your new gumboots have a hole in the sole and can't be worn in the rain.
  • The product is unsafe. For example: your new toaster sends out sparks when you switch it on

For a major failure, you can request your choice of a refund, replacement or repair (if possible) from the business.

What's a minor failure?

A minor failure is one that can be fixed within a reasonable time frame. A good example of a minor failure is if you find a piece of loose thread on an item of clothing you've just bought.

For a minor failure, the business can offer you a refund, replacement or to repair the product free of charge. If the business refuses to fix the problem or is taking too long, you can ask someone else to fix the problem and request compensation from the retailer.

What are my rights when seeking a refund or replacement?

Refund

For major failures, the seller must offer you a refund as one of the available options. They can't make you accept a credit note or exchange or replacement if you tell them that you want a refund.

If the failure is minor, then the business can choose to offer you a repair, refund or a replacement.

Replacement

For both minor and major failures, any replacement product must be the same type and of similar value as what is being replaced. If that's not possible, you may have to choose between receiving a refund or opting for a repair.

I’d say mine is under a major fault. 

From what I’ve been told in AVS there a sealed unit dust blobs has come direct from the factory. My Sony did as well first one ( First time I started it. )  I had dust blobs throughout the optical block. 

So they sent it too Japan or are they waiting for confirmation from Japan? Apparently I read JVC Aus they cannot do anything until Japan gives the go ahead.

True, i hope that is the case then. Mine must have been assembled poorly and with parts from the bad bin. 

Yeah that's horrible and again i don't understand how these things pass QC.

Confirmation from Japan as to repair or replace. The projector was sent back to i think Sydney.

42 minutes ago, Tasso said:

I have had to study consumer law and unfortunately what someone believes to be minor or major needs to be established as such. With intermittent  issues this gets more difficult. Anyone can say I have random things happen but what happens if checked and neither issue or cause can be established. Whether projector or car the same issue arises. So yeah while everyone thinks hey I have a major issue give me another consumer law doesn’t actually follow in that regard :)

of course if so aggrieved feel it’s Not right what’s happening. But that’s not grounds for hey give me new one. And certainly not from jvc. The contract is with retailer. If not happy with them it only takes few minutes to lodge a claim via accc. They’ll tell you straight out. But even they won’t just act unless things have gone matter of course .... and in this case I believe things are only just going through matter of course.

33 minutes ago, NapsterAU said:

True, i hope that is the case then. Mine must have been assembled poorly and with parts from the bad bin. 

Yeah that's horrible and again i don't understand how these things pass QC.

Confirmation from Japan as to repair or replace. The projector was sent back to i think Sydney.

Hopefully you get a replacement 

Hopefully you get a replacement 

Thanks me too mate. 

Seems to me like JVC need the go ahead from Japan to replace, otherwise they're stuck with B-stock.

Just seems too harsh on the end user though. Something needs to change there but doubtful it ever will.

I informed both of the N7 buyers of the risk of a fault being there before they purchased.

Hopeful for a good outcome otherwise both will be refunded in full.

8 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

Hopeful for a good outcome otherwise both will be refunded in full.

Needs to be more dealers like yourself who are VERY willing to assist the customer in the advent of issues with a new purchase of a projector..😊

50 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

Needs to be more dealers like yourself who are VERY willing to assist the customer in the advent of issues with a new purchase of a projector..😊

why i keep banging on... to buy from a good retailer.... with projectors no 1 thing, no matter brand to type...

I’m done buying from my dealer, used to be good but lately I’m finding if there is issues they’re like seagulls they flee. I should not have to be dealing with the Distrubution centre directly. Curious to know what fair trading makes of that.

11 minutes ago, franin said:

I’m done buying from my dealer, used to be good but lately I’m finding if there is issues they’re like seagulls they flee. I should not have to be dealing with the Distrubution centre directly. Curious to know what fair trading makes of that.

absolutely should not be dealing with distributor/importer direct. as contract for sale is with retailer.

no 1 sign of a shonk who tell you to go deal with the distributor importer when thats what the job of the dealer is...job of dealer is to go into bat for you...so they get your custom next time. reality is things can and will fail no matter what they are... its what happens when they do fail that sorts out the wheat from the chaff..

its easy to find the shonks these days a quick check on product review will give a taste...

If a dealer does not support their customers , then they should have no place in the  industry!!!!  ☹️

Customer support SHOULD be paramount ......without customers they cease to exist!!!   

37 minutes ago, betty boop said:

absolutely should not be dealing with distributor/importer direct. as contract for sale is with retailer.

no 1 sign of a shonk who tell you to go deal with the distributor importer when thats what the job of the dealer is...job of dealer is to go into bat for you...so they get your custom next time. reality is things can and will fail no matter what they are... its what happens when they do fail that sorts out the wheat from the chaff..

its easy to find the shonks these days a quick check on product review will give a taste...

Yeah I agree, never again.

37 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

If a dealer does not support their customers , then they should have no place in the  industry!!!!  ☹️

Customer support SHOULD be paramount ......without customers they cease to exist!!!   

Totally agree woofer.  I bought so much from them and too be treated like this is quite appalling. 

That’s why I bought my Z1 from Rich...did not even consider anyone else, 

Not far from getting it hung, so fingers crossed it performs the way it should...